Eventide Native Plug-Ins

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Eventide Native Plug-Ins

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      TSLGUK

Hi Guys,

have just purchased the 3 x Eventide native plug-ins :- Omnipressor, Black Hole & 2016 Stereo Room (all AAX Versions for Mac) and have registered the products on-line and successfully downloaded them to my Mac book Pro which runs OSX 10.6.8 and Pro Tools version 9.0.6. They also appear in my iLok account and have been transferred to my iLok 2 dongle … 

However I cannot find them anywhere within Pro Tools and don't know how to access the Unused Plug-Ins folder within Pro Tools to se if they are there. I can see them as downloads via the Finder app on my Mac but when I activate Pro Tools I have yet to see a start-up or registration screen for the Eventide Native Plug-Ins and they do not appear in any of my Plug-In effects folders either in the over-head Pro Tools menu nor via the FX inserts menu ….

Could it be because they are AAX format which is perhaps better suited to Pro Tools 10 – and therefore not suited to sit within for the Pro Tools 9.0 menu/screen lay-out infrastructure …? Any advice you can offer to tell me how to bring them into play would be greatly appreciated as there is nothing more frustrating than handing over your hard earned cash for software plug-ins and then not being able to use them …

Kind Regards

Christopher Masters

Mac Book Pro Intel Dual Core 4Gb RAM

OSX 10.6.8

Pro Tools 9.0.6

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Christopher,

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustration.  It is, as you say, a case of the AAX format being new for PT10 and not working with PT9.  The best way to get your plug-ins to work would be an upgrade to PT10.

Thanks,

Dan

TSLGUK

Thanks Dan,

I do actually have PT v10 but have just not gotten around to upgrading yet … Bizzarely though it does say that it is compatible with Pro Tools 9.0 on the back of the wallet that the authentication code arrives in …?

dhodgson

Also waiting on my serial #/license code for the H3000 Factory Native plugin I purchased today. And yes, I've emailed support.

-djh

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi dhodgson,

Sorry, our website and front office was a bit overwhelmed with the number of orders.  Have you received your license number and serial yet?

rastoutou

Hello everybody,

Does anybody know why I-loks 1 can't be used ?H 3000 refuses both my I-loks 1.

Is it really necessary to buy new dongles which , seen from the consumer side, can be considered as a bit less useful than actual software ?

( A bit like the anti-piracy clip at the beginning of DVDs which precedes announcements for oncoming releases, and which are disguised advertisements  paid by the customer and can't be zapped  !)

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Mike,

We understand your frustration with iLok2, truth be told, we wish we didn't have to use iLok at all.  It certainly isn't our intent to ask you to change your current iLok or to buy anything new, but we did feel the need to require iLok2 because of the superior protection it offers.  Anticipating the burden on our customers we created the option to purchase a plug-in bundle with an iLok2 for an extra $12 (http://www.eventidestore.com/h3naplildo.html).  This way Eventide is essentially splitting the cost of the iLok2 with you.  I hope this makes the proposition a bit more palatable.

Thanks,

Dan

dhodgson

Yes, the serial # came in but I lost another 24 hours because the website was broken yesterday, throwing up scripting errors.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – we were overwhelmed by the demand – at least our Web Site was. Time to save up for some new servers …

rastoutou

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your lightning fast answers. There's a responsive forum !

Of course, I had seen the bundle offer with I lock 2.

The only drawback is that hardware, that is the dongle,  mean shipment and overseas fare  : cost : $35.95, -which is necessary through Fedex for obvious safety reasons. The total cost reaches $247 for a $200 product. So the Ilok should be bought here in Paris.

Which means I buy it BEFORE checking the demo version… and possibly buying the definite license later on…or buy the H3000 without being able to test it until I purchase this I lok device !

I understand your reasons, but I still think it is clumsy not to be able to use Ilok 1.

I feel miserable !

Best regards

Mike

Timebandit

ILOK – probably the worlds most hated protection system, even Waves have abandoned them now.

However, any one has problems on thier iLok account, please be aware that only Internet Explorer 32bit or Firefox 3.1 work with the site, this was discoverd after hours of trying to get the demo licence, poor show there from iLok, Had the same problem a year ago, it's been the same issue for at least that long but at least when help was requested the info was back in seconds and with IE 32bit it only took a minute and was done, can't comment on apple browser though…

neilhester
      Participant

I've never had a problem with an ilok or my account and i use mine a LOT –  and administrate my account several times a month downloading licences,

Its pretty common knowledge you have to use ie.

Even the IE plugins for google chrome work fine, there is a statement that Firefox doesn't work on the ilok page.
      I have Waves, Plugin alliance syncrosoft and SSL Codemeter dongles too its a PITA to carry them all around I wish they all stuck to ilok !

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Timebandit,

Yes, the 32 bit browser requirement  can be annoying.  I know that PACE knows about this issue and they have plans to fix it, but I will forward the complaint to them again.

Thanks,

Dan

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.