Eventide Newbie needs Help with TimeFactor…

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Newbie needs Help with TimeFactor…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      GabrielRO

Hi all.

Yesterday i got a TimeFactor in a trade. Im new to all this Eventide world, and to be sincere i couldnt get the TimeFactor to give me the dry signal of my guitar in the whole hour i spent tweaking knobs. All i could hear was the wet signal, despite of me tweaking the Dry/Wet knob and every other knob on the board. When the pedal is on bypass there is absolutely NO signal at all. I powered it using a universal adapter. I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me? PLEASE. Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Many possibilities:

1) The unit could be faulty. Beg borrow or steal another one, and see if it does the same thing.

2) There may be a problem caused by not using the correct power supply. We STRONGLY recommend that you do not use unapproved power supplies. But, to be fair, a power supply problem is more likely to affect the wet signal, not the dry one.

3) Most likely – you may have some kind of cabling issue – try different cables, making sure that they are mono type (tip and sleeve, no ring).

If all else fails, contact support@eventide.com, especially if the unit is less than one year old.

caveman
      Participant

killdry setting?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Mr caveman is of course correct – this could be it.

If you have just received the unit, I would recommend that you return it to factory defaults as described in the User Manual. This will deal with many possibly incorrect settings.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.