Eventide Plugins – general question

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Eventide Plugins – general question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

Are these plugins only usable in multitrack software like Pro Tools, Digital Performer, etc., or can I use them in synthesis programs, such as UVI Falcon or MOTU MachFive 3? I am only just starting to use software for my music. Both these programs use Sparkverb, which sounds very much like Blackhole to me. I have an Eventide Eclipse too. 

wilkinsi
      Participant

I only have access to MOTU’s AudioDesk 4.0 as DAW software. The Eventide Plugin doesn’t seem to appear.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi wilkinski-

I don't believe you can use our plug-ins in Falcon or MachFive, unless they can function as a host for VST, AAX, or AU plug-ins. Unfortunately, I don't think you can use our plug-ins in AudioDesk either, as it only supports the MOTU MAS format, which we don't make.

Since you're just getting into using software for your music, I'd recommend checking out free trials for some DAWs out there (which do support our formats): Live, Reaper, Studio One, and several others offer demo periods, just do some quick googling to find one that works for you 🙂

Best,

Tom

wilkinsi
      Participant

It would seem the Eventide plugins don’t appear in DP9 either. Unless of course, I should’ve installed the 32bit files too? I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        wilkinsi wrote:

It would seem the Eventide plugins don't appear in DP9 either. Unless of course, I should've installed the 32bit files too? I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.

Hi wilkinsi-

The plug-ins should work in DP9, since DP9 supports AU on OSX and VST on Windows. First, make sure you are running the 64-bit version of DP9. Then, in your audio plug-in preferences, select "Additional VST Plugin Folders", and add the following folder: C:Program FilesCommon FilesSteinbergVST2. Let me know if that does not solve your issue.

Best,

Tom

wilkinsi
      Participant

Thanks. I have since bought a MacBook Pro. Must I create any such folder(s) when installing these plugins?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        wilkinsi wrote:

Thanks. I have since bought a MacBook Pro. Must I create any such folder(s) when installing these plugins?

Hi-

No, OSX has defualt folders for plug-in install locations, so you should be fine to just run our installer, and have it show up in your DAW.

Best,

Tom

wilkinsi
      Participant

Disregard my previous question. Effects plugins can only work with host programs… I just tried using TVerb in MOTU Digital Performer 9 on a Macbook Pro. It doesn’t appear either. I have used UVI, MOTU and APPLE olugin effects with DP9, and they work fine. The Eventide plugins just don’t. This is very disappointing, Is there a workaround to this problem? 

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi, can you try the following steps and let me know if it solves your issue? I've tested Tverb here in DP9 and it is showing up fine.

1. Make sure Tverb is activated in the iLok License Manager.

2. Close DP9, and delete the following files:

-AAX: /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins/Eventide/Tverb.aaxplugin

-VST: /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Eventide/Tverb.vst

-AU:  /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/Tverb.component

-Presets: ~/Documents/Eventide/Tverb/ (whole folder)

4. Open DP9 and rescan you plug-ins, and then shut DP9 again.

5. Reinstall Tverb, letting it install to the default locations.

6. Reopen DP9 and if necessary, rescan your plug-ins.

-Tom

wilkinsi
      Participant

I didn’t even have to do that. I just ran DP9 in 32bit mode (Too bad the trials for Blackhole and Anthology X had already expired before I fixed my Mac). Thanks.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        wilkinsi wrote:

I didn't even have to do that. I just ran DP9 in 32bit mode (Too bad the trials for Blackhole and Anthology X had already expired before I fixed my Mac). Thanks.

Hi wilkinski-

If you email me (tlongabaugh@eventide.com) your iLok account name, I can give you another demo license, since you weren't able to utilize the previous ones.

-Tom

wilkinsi
      Participant

Done. Thanks.

kennos
      Participant

Just FYI is anyone else sees this issue –

Using DP10.11 – loading DP while Tverb is *not yet authorised* (DOH!) causes the plug-in to fail inspection … so it doesn’t show up

Under Preferences > Plugins find Tverb AU and enable it, restart Audio System and then it shows up

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.