Eventide Rose – MIDI Clock

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Rose – MIDI Clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey folks,

has anyone tried to synch the Rose with other units via MIDI Clock?

I’m trying to figure out if the Rose can receive and send MIDI Clock via the USB port.

The manual doesn’t explain this properly..

Cheers

jallard
      Participant

The public beta version (3.02) and later support MIDI clock. See the Beta 3.0 User Guide Addendum here for instructions on enabling MIDI clock:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/12425/manuals

MIDI Clock:

– Hold ACTIVE + PHI until all LEDs are on

– Press PHI to enable MIDI clock (bottom most Shape ladder LED lit) or disable MIDI clock (all SHAPE ladder LEDs off)

– Press ACTIVE or HOTSWITCH to exit

Once enabled, MIDI clock will be received and transmitted on both MIDI-TRS and MIDI-USB. MIDI clock works like tap-tempo with 24 clocks per quarter-note. Tap divisions work with MIDI clock just like tap-tempo.

jallard
      Participant

peperflores2003,

Rose only receives MIDI clock. It does not transmit it. (Sorry for the error in my last post.)

So, Rose cannot act as the sync source. To syncronize multiple devices you would need to use a MIDI splitter to send the clock to each device individually, or place Rose at the end of the chain. 

SharpMind

I guess that you can use a guide to do it correctly

jallard wrote:

The public beta version (3.02) and later support MIDI clock. See the Beta 3.0 User Guide Addendum here for instructions on enabling MIDI clock:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/12425/manuals

MIDI Clock:

– Hold ACTIVE + PHI until all LEDs are on

– Press PHI to enable MIDI clock (bottom most Shape ladder LED lit) or disable MIDI clock (all SHAPE ladder LEDs off)

– Press ACTIVE or HOTSWITCH to exit

Once enabled, MIDI clock will be received and transmitted on both MIDI-TRS and MIDI-USB. MIDI clock works like tap-tempo with 24 clocks per quarter-note. Tap divisions work with MIDI clock just like tap-tempo.

Thanks for your response.

However, I don’t understand how I can set the pedal to just SEND or just RECEIVE MIDI Clock.

It cannot send and receive at the same time right??

I need to set a Master and Slaves between my devices in order to Synchronise them all accordingly..

Can you explain how to just SEND or RECEIVE MIDI Clock please?

Thank you

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.