Eventide Space goes Crazy

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Space goes Crazy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      thetipico

Hi,

I'm very worried because in one year and a half my Eventide Space has turned crazy, it doesn't work. It's simply that the screen goes crazy and it doesn't start. I attach a video so you can see the problem. What can I do? Since I don't know how does the warranty of your products work in Spain.

Video Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6h91a2d7mxtmql/Eventide-iPhone.m4v

Thank you

PD: The USB port is also inoperative and I can not update to a previous version of the firmware.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure you are using the Eventide Power Supply – my guess is that the power supply is bad.

If the Power Supply is OK, try "restore factory system settings." If this fails, you should go to your dealer, or support@eventide.com.

You will find Warranty Information at the back of the User Manual.

I'm having exactly the same problem with mine and have found references to the same issue on other forums. This sounds like a real problem with an expensive pedal.

thetipico

Solved!

The original Eventide AC/DC Adapter failed. I replaced with a generic adapter and it works correctly.

what a relief!

Thank you for your attention

R.

thetipico

The new adapter I bought recently to replace the original one has just got damaged. I have a question: the original Eventide adapter says it's 9V – 500 mA (the same that the one I've bought to replace it), on the other hand, in the Space input connection it says 9V – 1200 mA. Can you help me with this? 

Thank you so much!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Everyone complained about our big (1200mA) power supplies, so we introduced a smaller one. Unfortunately, some of these are not as good as the bigger ones. Anyone who thinks they have a bad one should contact support@eventide.com.

The pedals need about 500mA at startup, and about 350mA thereafter, so a supply rated at 500mA should be OK.

Note that the usual warranty warnings apply. You can get official Eventide supplies from the Eventide Web Shop.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.