Eventide Space one side louder

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Space one side louder

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Fusion

Hey

I have the problem when i connect a synth to the pedal via unbalanced or balanced cables that one side is louder.

when i go with mono out to mono in on pedal and stereo out, is no problem, only with true stereo.

change line/guitar or line/amp does not help

my routing is: Synth to Space to Rme fireface 800.

i had the problem with right side louder or left side louder when i change the cables.

hope anybody can fix this with me

cheers

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Does this only happen when the pedal is connected to the RME? The problem may be with the gain setting on the RME inputs. I don’t know if you can adjust that via software or something. On the pedals, there is no way to individually adjust the level of each side.

Fusion

only the mono in and outs on the space gives the synth sound out, reverb comes from boths sides.

for understanding,when i play a piano from a vst than i hear the piano on one side with reverb and on the other side only reverb without piano but when i change the input or output on the space,then it changes the sides.

Fusion

or when i put only mono in on space and stereo out on space than its perfect, but not true stereo. i have stereo synths, i need true stereo

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Check to make sure that the pedal is in ”Normal” routing mode and not “Pre/Post” or “Wet/dry” in the System Settings.

Fusion

i checked it, an its on normal mode

tstern
      Eventide Staff

If you bypass the Space, is one side still louder?  If you set it to use the relay bypass mode?

Fusion

In bypass mode its the same, only without reverb and bypass mode is on normal and relay changed it not, always same.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Fusion wrote:

when i go with mono out to mono in on pedal and stereo out, is no problem, only with true stereo.

From this sentence, it seems like this problem happens when you connect to the Space in stereo (L/R output of synth to L/R input of Space). Is it possible that the output levels of your synth are not set to unity gain for some reason? Maybe one of the outputs is louder than the other?

Fusion

No, i checked it with vst synths in ableton and with a hardware synth, same problem, only mono to stereo works perfect. In rme is no channel louder, all set on 0db and ableton the same.

tstern
      Eventide Staff

When you activate relay bypass on your Space, the pedal is entirely out of the electrical circuit.  If, when you're relay bypassed, the signal level is still mismatched between the channels, the problem is with your synth or your cables.

Fusion

Ok, i check it after work with other inputs and outs on the rme, and i check how the timefactor works with true stereo. Thanks a lot, i write tomorrow about the results

Fusion

heey iam so sorry. i solved the problem. it was 2 bad cables who make this : )

buut thank you very much for this nice and fast support : )

love for eventide <3

Fusion
      joecozzi wrote:
      Does this only happen when the pedal is connected to the RME? The problem may be with the gain setting on the RME inputs. I don’t know if you can adjust that via software or something. On the pedals, there is no way to individually adjust the level of each side.

thanks for answer, the rme settings are correct, i checked it.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.