Eventide Space – scrolling presets with a MIDI controller

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Space – scrolling presets with a MIDI controller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      andros77

I am very happy with my SPACE but one of the issues it's represented by its playability live. 

I like to save my presets one next to the other so I can move from one to the other. In a live situation, I would need to do this quickly and therefore I purchased an external midi controller which allows me to change presets in play mode. The only thing is that it is slow! it takes those 0,seconds which become AGES in a live situation. I am not reporting here the brand of the controller, unless you request me to do so. 

So my question is, is there a way to make the scrolling process quicker? by updating the sowtware for example? and, does it depend on the controller or on the eventide space? If there's a midi controller (or aux switch) which allows me to scroll the presets qucker, I'd like to know which one it is 

thank you and advance for your response!! 

Andrea

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't really understand what you are saying.

You should be using MIDI Program Change, which does not have any scrolling issues, or requirements on where you put your presets.

andros77

hello

sorry for my bad English. By "scrolling" I mean moving from one preset to the other, going from preset 1 to preset 100. It is possible to do so in play mode with a MIDI controller, but it seems to take a lot of time, i.e. there is a little bit of latency between presets, approx. 0,5 seconds. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Preset loading is not instantaneous – these are large and complex algorithms – that's why they sound so good.

But, again, normally you would load them as needed with MIDI Program Change, rather than stepping through them, in which case a  fraction of a second would not be a problem.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.