Eventide space tempo issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide space tempo issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jorri

My Space seems to be taking presets to unintended tempos after powering on sometimes. Sometimes i can power up again and its fine. Slightly random behaviour, and sometimes does it without re-powering.

Tempo button is OFF.

I am using  tremoloverb patch for example, in an extreme fast, choppy synth setting. But the pedal has been engaging it as extremely SLOW. Even changing the speed this can’t even go as fast again! Other presets: its possibly doing something similar but i don’t know, it mainly seems to be noticable here- i’m not noticing any super-long pre-delays, but maybe another function is changing, and as such only this preset I called TREMSEQUENCER to emulate synthy LFO is doing it.

No global tempo set afaik.

Started using an external hotswitch, just a cheap Mosky Tape Tempo, but that shouldn’t be programmed for this- only hotswitch. Weirdly when i set that up though, i found only TS worked unlike TRS as manual states- so maybe! In the end i probably need it less than i thought, for this particular set of songs, so could be ditched to be fair! If nothing is selected in the switch menu i don’t see why it would change anything else though like tempo.

Could it even be a power supply issue? I don’t remember last time i checked amperage, but nothing’s changed since it was working before! The only reason to suspect is i had an odd problem with an analogue delay too, but it seems unrelated. Its all isolated due to using the 12v reverse polarity to all other pedals, but i have 4 or 5 large consumers of mA (ana Teisco and digi hazarai delays, Zoom multifx, Hologram Microcosm), and three dirt boxes…

No recent firmware updates, although i did do some preset management couple months back- again it worked for long enough before this to think its nothing to do with that.

Thanks,

Gig soon. That trem effect, reasonably important it does what it does for that choppy shoegaze-style tremolo noise-wall at the end of the set!

jorri

Hello, i think this got moved to the plugin section by mistake. I am talking about the SPACE PEDAL

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      jorri wrote:
      My Space seems to be taking presets to unintended tempos after powering on sometimes. Sometimes i can power up again and its fine. Slightly random behaviour, and sometimes does it without re-powering.

Tempo button is OFF.

This sounds odd. If you tweak a delay parameter and power cycle the pedal, your setting should remain the same as long as you don’t load a preset. Are you incorporating any type of MIDI in your setup? Could an external controller be sending these parameters or clock changes? If not, check to make sure MIDI Clock is set to “OFF.”

jorri wrote:
      Started using an external hotswitch, just a cheap Mosky Tape Tempo, but that shouldn’t be programmed for this- only hotswitch.

It is possible that more than one function is assigned to your aux switch. Go into the System Settings > Auxiliary switch mappings and make sure that only the function you want to control (hotswitch) is mapped to the Switch. Page 42 of the manual indicates all possible parameters.

If you disconnect this switch, do you still notice the erratic behavior?

jorri wrote:
      Weirdly when i set that up though, i found only TS worked unlike TRS as manual states- so maybe! In the end i probably need it less than i thought, for this particular set of songs, so could be ditched to be fair!

You shouldn’t have to ditch the aux switch. TS will work fine with a one-button switch but since the pedal takes 3-button switches, TRS is crucial for that. You still need to make sure multiple parameters are not mapped to TIP in the aux switch assignments.

Just checking – are you sure the aux switch is hooked up to the aux switch input and not the expression input by accident?

jorri wrote:
      Could it even be a power supply issue?

Not likely, but it wouldn’t hurt to isolate the Space by using the factory power supply to make sure power isn’t, in fact, the issue. Space works best at 9V 500ma Center +

jorri wrote:
      No recent firmware updates, although i did do some preset management couple months back- again it worked for long enough before this to think its nothing to do with that.

Your firmware version should be 5.2.0(6). However, it is not uncommon for things to get corrupted. Sometimes reinstalling firmware and conducting a factory reset is the quickest solution. Always backup your presets and system settings before doing this.

jorri

Thanks.

I’ve tested without the tap switch, and i isolated the power so should be neither.

No MIDI in setup.

The speed knob (i think that’s Yknob) displayed no numbers on this preset when turned and had a limited slow range (sometimes it displayed 1/16 only but the tempo is OFF!). Something must have been corrupted in preset memory as it appears fine on the other presets they all show number.

AFAIK latest firmware.

What i did is copy the preset to a new location then copy it back. Now the numbers appear to change when turning for now as they should. At least for now and the 3 presets i’ve been focused on recently for this gig- hope there aren’t other corruptions…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.