Eventide Space – the best MIDI controler?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Space – the best MIDI controler?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      existero
      Participant

Hello

I need help to choose the best MIDI controler for my Eventide Space to step between effects. Any suggestions?

Does "Tech 21 Moose" or "Engl Midi Z10" work with the Space ?i don't wan't somthing as big and complicated as Behringer FCB1010.

THX

Remi

ctc

existero:

Hello

I need help to choose the best MIDI controler for my Eventide Space to step between effects. Any suggestions?

Does "Tech 21 Moose" or "Engl Midi Z10" work with the Space ?i don't wan't somthing as big and complicated as Behringer FCB1010.

THX

Remi

Liquid Foot Jr.
      http://www.famcmusic.com/prodJR+.shtml

existero
      Participant

Thanks, Ctc
      Unfortunately Liquid Foots is unavailable in Europe and probably to expensive to import from US.

existero
      Participant

There are few available possibilities;

Behringer FCB1010 – wich is big, complicated (need special programing) but in good price – but I think I need something simplier

Rocktron Midi Xchang / Tech 21 MIDI Mouse or Digitech FS300 – these are small controllers (3buttons – up/down/active) – I think I need something I can get quicly 4-5 different effects

Engl Z9 / Z10 / Z12  or Tech 21 MIDI Moose /or Em Custom Spark – more expensive but more versatile

And then we have a group of more expensive controllers as:

G Lab GSC-1 , Rocktron Midi Mate, Yamaha MFC10, Voodoo Lab Ground, Lexicon MPX, Roland
       and lots more

Need advice what to focus on…

remi

I don't find the Behringer complicated at all. Default midi channel is 1, default settings are bank 0 – button 1 = program change 1, button 2 = program change 2 etc. Use the Midi RCV Map on your Space to assign midi program changes and hey presto! I'm a total newb to midi and I just programmed my FCB1010 to drive my RJM Mini-Amp Gizmo, my Modfactor and my Space so I now have midi preset changing as well as channel changing on my amp. The only thing I can't work out is using the midi expression pedals on the Behringer to control things like wah on the Modfactor.

existero
      Participant

THX for explanation seems like it's not very complicated (I read that You need special programming)

although I had few Behringer products and I'm not convinced to this Company.

What do You think about Yamaha MFC 05  or  Line 6 controller is it compatible with MIDI stompboxes?

remi

I don't know a lot about Midi, but I do know that I am having a lot of
      trouble getting the expression pedals on the Behringer to work with my
      ModFactor and my Space. In my previous post I said it's not complicated to assign presets to buttons, but the expression pedals I just can't get working. I bought a Behringer because it was cheap, but all the rest of my gear is top quality so I think I'm going to move up as well. I had a look at the websites for Line 6 and Yamaha. The Line 6 seems like it's only compatible with Line 6 products (not sure which one you're looking at but the ones that I saw didn't have midi out) and I couldn't find much information at all on the Yamaha MC5 because it says it's discontinued.

I suppose it all depends on your budget – have you looked at the RJM Mastermind? I know Roland is good as well, Voodoo Lab should be great but I'm not sure about the Yamaha if it's not designed for guitar.

existero
      Participant

http://web.eventide.com/kbaudio/article.php?id=085

In this article it sais:

" Pedal Board Suggestions

Here are some currently in production MIDI pedalboards we can suggest (or not):

• Supporting 7 pin MIDI Remote Power:

• Digital Music Corporation "GROUND CONTROL PRO"
        • Lexicon "MPX R1"
        • Rocktron "ALL ACCESS", the most omni-comprehensive MIDI language foot controller (notes on/off, sysex, etc)

• Non supporting 7 pin MIDI Remote Power:

• Yamaha "MFC-10"
        • Rocktron "MIDI MATE"
        • Behringer "FCB1010"

All of these units work fine with our products. Each one has different features and common ones. You will need to check their manuals and decide which one best fits your demands.

All of them support MIDI Program Change and Control Change messages. Some have one or two pedals already built in. All of them have extra inputs to accommodate one or two pedals/switches. "

So if Yamaha MFC 10 works fine I think the older Yamaha MFC 05 works too(I hope). I still don't know if ENGL or TECH 21 works and which is better to choose.:)

Well, the budget:

Yamaha mfc 05 I can have for 50$ (used), Tech 21 Moose for 250$ (new), Engl Z10 for 220$ (new) – so You can see the differnce,

existero
      Participant

Here is small MIDI controllers comparision:

http://g-force.info/midiboard_comparison.htm

re

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.