Eventide TDM Reverb IN PTHD10 Win7 x64

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Eventide TDM Reverb IN PTHD10 Win7 x64

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      neilhester
      Participant

Hi,

Im having trouble with my Eventide Reverb from the anthology 2 bundle on my windows 7 x64 PTHD10 system,

Upon launching the plugin i get terrible digital noise even with no audio playing back and therefore its unusable.

Have Eventide tested with PTHD10 on windows at all?

Thanks

Neil Hester

neilhester
      Participant

ok so i was trying it again last night and it seems to be working again but this was the first time it has worked since installing on PT10 a while ago.
      So i still need to try it some more before my cofidence is restored but has anyone else experienced burst of noise on starting the plugin with Win7 x64 PT10HD?

neilhester
      Participant

Ok so ive worked out what the problem is,

Its happens to me when i create a new Aux Input track and insert the Eventide Reverb, Bang!!
      -theres the screaming feedback 

If i look at the meters on the Eventide Reverb plugin both are full whack, if i pull the input fader down the feedback goes away.

Its because there is no input chosen for that Aux yet, if i select an input bus for the Aux, the noise goes away and i can use the reverb as normal.

So i guess its a bug with the plugin not having an input selected yet feeding back on itself.

Something you Eventide guys might want to fix in an update :0) 
      incidentally Eventide if you are reading this and need some beta test help with new versions please get in touch , i already have lots of beta test experience with several of the most well known pro audio manufacturers 😉

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi neilhester,

This actually sounds a bit like a bug we fixed a while back – I hope it hasn't come back again.  Can you check to make sure you're running Eventide Reverb version 1.5.1?

If not, you should try the latest installer, which you can download here: http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Plug-ins/Anthology%20II.aspx

Let me know how it goes,

Dan

neilhester
      Participant

1.5.1 is the only version for windows ive ever had so im pretty darn sure its the right one, is there anywhere i can check on the GUI or the .DPM plugin file or do i have to re-run the 1.5.1 installer to make sure?

Thanks

Neil Hester 

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Neil,

You can go to your plug-ins folder, find the .dpm file and right click on it to select properties.  Under the properties page will be a version number.

Dan

neilhester
      Participant

I just realised i didnt follow up this post with a conclusion, i think it must have been something odd going on with my system because i did a fresh windows and protools install and the problem was solved.

neilhester
      Participant

Im afraid this one is back !
      Im usinf 10.2 and its happening again, im not sure what fixed it last time but its definitley happening again.

Ive also worked out now that If i insert another eventide anthology bundle plugin such as "Factory"
      into an insert slot first and then insert an eventide Reverb below it ,
      it works as expected,

I can then remove this "factory" plugin from the first slot and continue to use Reverb as expected.

Sometimes after inserting another plugin in front of the Reverb and then
      removing it, instantiating a new instance of reverb does not require
      these steps as long as you do not close or reopen the project.

The fault occurs every time i open a project from ProTools but does not always re occur until opening a different project.

I have attached a flash video to demonstrate the problem.

[View:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7388077/Eventide Reverb Bug.zip:550:0]

neilhester
      Participant

Im afraid its back , im now on PT10.2 HD

Something ive worked out this time also, If i insert another eventide anthology bundle plugin such as "Factory"
      into an insert slot first and then insert an eventide Reverb below it ,
      it works as expected,

I can then remove this "factory" plugin from the first slot and continue to use Reverb as expected.

Sometimes after inserting another plugin in front of the Reverb and then
      removing it, instantiating a new instance of reverb does not require
      these steps as long as you do not close or reopen the project.

The fault occurs every time i open a project from ProTools but does not always re occur until opening a different project.

I have attached a flash video to demonstrate the problem.

[View:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7388077/Eventide Reverb Bug.zip:550:0]

neilhester
      Participant

Hi Eventide!

Any thoughts on this at all?
      It would be really helpful to get it sorted, I know you have AAX to think about but would be good to reassure TDM users that they have not been left out of support Wink

Thanks

Neil Hester

"The Windows Guy"
       www.pro-tools-expert.com

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I looked into this back in May and was unable to reproduce the bug you mentioned. I do see the noise you're talking about in your video though. Would it be possible for you to give us a step-by-step process for how you got this bug, as well as your setup?

Thanks,

Nikhil

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

I should clarify… when I say I see the noise, I meant I see the noise in your video, not that I see it on my end. 

neilhester
      Participant

All im doing is inserting the plugin on a stereo Aux channel and the noise appears.

Im using PTHD Accel 3 in a P7R4 64bit PCIX Magma chassis PT 10.2 on Win7 x64 
      Core2Quad 6600 CPU, 6GB Ram,  

Do you have a direct email address I speak to you via ?
      If you would rather not publish it you can email me at nhester AT gmail Dot Com

Thanks

Neil 

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi Neil,

I've looked into your setup and aside from possibly a bad driver there aren't any immediate solutions that come to mind here. We've also tried to reproduce your bug on multiple 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS Pro Tools systems, but we aren't getting the bug. At this point, I recommend you e-mail support@eventide.com with your bug, everything you've tried, a detail of your setup, etc; that video you posted would also be useful on our end. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

jameswb
      Participant

I'm getting exactly the same noise/feedback on the input with Anthology II Reverb 1.5.1 on Windows 7 64 and ProTools HD 10.3.2.

Did you come up with a workable solution do this problem?

Many thanks.

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

If you're having issues, please contact support@eventide.com, detailing your setup and the steps you take to create this bug. 

Thank you,

Nikhil

neilhester
      Participant

The exact same thing is back again, Win8 pro x64 Anthology II 1.5.2

Place the eventide TDM Reverb on an insert and its there straight away, insert something else in front of it and it goes away, remove the insert before it and its still gone, remove and reinsert the reverb and its back

i7 3770K CPU
      16GB Ram
      Z77 Motherboard.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.