Eventide Time factor – Issue while upgrading firmware to version 3.5.0

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Time factor – Issue while upgrading firmware to version 3.5.0

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dario.inversi
      Participant

Hi all,

This is my first  post here. I'm having problems updating my Time Factor from version 2.4.x to the latest. Basically, everything seems to be working fine during the upgrade process, the software can recognize the device, i can select the firmware version, the eprom erase completes fine and then it starts to write the new firmware. While the copy process is more or less at 50 % an error occurs and on the pedal display appears the word:"BAD" for a couple of seconds. The error message on the Update Utility says:"Failed updating device. TF-11972. Please reboot your device and try updating again".

I've tried a million times to do the update again while pressing the middle switch at start up but the same problem occurs.

I've sent an email to the support, I hope I get a fast reply since the pedal is unusable at the moment and a have a few gigs to do next week. The serial number is TF-11972.

Thanks

Dario Inversi

caribefatboy
      Participant

I am having the same exact problem! Disappointing that the above was posted months ago and nobody has responded. I have telephoned and been told to email, which I have several times, without getting a response. My MODFACTOR is now a brick.

gkellum
      Participant

We don't handle problems of this nature via the support forums.  It sounds like the flash in the stompbox has failed and needs to be replaced, but please contact support@eventide.com and describe the problem.  We track each and every support query, and if you make a good faith attempt to describe the problem you are having, your email will be answered.

caribefatboy
      Participant

Cool. Support has responded via email, and I am on my way to resolving this. Thanks!

dario.inversi
      Participant

Hi, I had this issue and solved it by doing the upgrade procedure from another computer. If you're running the upgrade from a Windows 7 platform there must be something wrong with the .NET framework version to be used. I cannot tell what exactly is but I've tried the upgrade from another Windows 7 computer with no windows updates and the upgrade was successful. The machine on which it was failing I've tried 20 million times with no results. Don't worry, the Mod Factor shouldn't have any major problem. It really loooks like the same problem I had.

Hope this was helpful.

Dario

celso002
      Participant

@dario

I’M having this issue no my timefactor… Im trying to update my tf to the latest version, but failed above 10% and now when i turn it up automatically Goes to update mode.. I dont know what to do

celso002
      Participant

@dario.inversi

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.