Existing H9 Algorithms With More Than One Effect?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Existing H9 Algorithms With More Than One Effect?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      silver_mica
      Participant

A few years ago I found an algorithm that had a sound of chorus and delay (or chorus and reverb).  I’m looking for that again.   But, I might as well put out a more general question asking about algorithms that sound like more than one effect.   I’m looking for functional settings for my H9 – in the direction of subtle effects.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi silver_mica,

What you’re describing sounds like the SpaceTime algorithm that features modulation routed into a dual Vintage delay and plate reverb. The last two can be routed in serial or parallel; very powerful algorithm.

If I were to recommend other effects as you describe that are functional and “subtle,” I would have to say “MicroPitch” is one. You get detuning and dual delay for fattening and sweetening effects or straight up delays. “PitchFuzz” is another one than can give you glorious chorus tones to gnarly fuzzed out distortion with pitch shifting. “UltraTap” is one of my favorite because it can do so much – modulation, multi-tap delay, and reverb. My favorite not so subtle effect is ModEchoVerb; it’s just so huge but can be tamed for a variety of textures featuring mod, echo, and reverb.

apalazzolo
      Participant

If you look closely, almost all of the 52 algos provide more than one effect at a time.

They are generally more obvious in the H9 specific algos.  Joe mentioned important H9 algos for this but I’d add Resonator to the list.   If you set the “Resonance” control to zero this turns into a basic delay and reverb. Well, truth be told the “Notes” still need to be on but they don’t do anything so they can be set anywhere except off.  “Rhythm” patterns 1 3 5 7 and 2 4 6 8 are prolly what you want for basic delays.

Spring (from Space) is a great and basic multi effect.

As far as subtlety is concerned,  many algos have a mix knob to control this (usually the top left control knob in the app).  However, the “Depth” knob generally does this in the Pitchfactor algos.  I was once told to turn the bottom four knobs off to greatly simplify algos from the Factor pedals.  This has proven to be decent (but imperfect) advice so it’s worth a try.   In the factory preset list V4, try preset #’s 1-21, 25, 30, 45, 53-54, 60, 72, 78, 82-83, 89, and 97-98.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.