Expanding memory timefactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Expanding memory timefactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      analog orange
      Participant

Has anyone ever attempted to add more memory to the Timefactor? I know that doing so would/could potentially affect how and if it can properly operate depending on how the firmware is coded. I only care about this in relationship to the looper. The Timefactor can do some things other loopers can’t, it’s just held back by its low memory. I saw a post where an Eventide employee claimed that it was possible but would make the unit too expensive. So I have hope this can be done. I don’t believe the memory is socketed so that sucks. Anybody want to weigh in?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – it's not possible. The CPU does not have enough address lines to handle more ram, and the costs go up significantly.

analog orange
      Participant

Hmm. How much ram is in a Timefactor? And is the cpu 16 bit or something? That’s not the limiting factor I anticipated. Or understand. Are you an engineer with Eventide? I can’t see anything about your qualifications on my mobile. My apologies if this comes off as rude.

analog orange
      Participant

Just saw your name. Thank you for answering my question Mr Rose! I won’t even bother opening the case. I guess I’ll be checking out the Rose pedal…

analog orange
      Participant

Last question. Could the cpu be upgraded (think jx3p etc) ? I’m willing to go down the rabbit hole.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Alas, it is a (near) ten year old product – you can't just change the CPU.

Presumably at some point we will redesign it, but this would be a total change, not an upgrade.

analog orange
      Participant

Well I really appreciate the info. The ability to move the start and end time of the loop and move parameters around while
      Recording is nothing short of inspiring. Hoping future loopers have at least the same level of graphical feedback. There’s plenty of phrase one man band samplers. Yours is a blank canvas. Not many of those around.

camn
      Participant

you guys should send him some old broken one and see if he can manage it. 

Cuz that would be sick.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.