expression pedal ..controlling TF & MF (at the same time?)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes expression pedal ..controlling TF & MF (at the same time?)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      konstantine3

I was hoping via midi that the expression pedal could control both the time factor and the mod factor, so I wouldn't have to buy another exp pedal. Is that possible through midi?

Another dumb midi question from me lol But I have to ask since all questions are valid

IDeangelis

Hi Konstantine

you'll find all info about this on page 37 of your TFactor manual. The Exp.Pedal and the knobs can send MIDI CC messages so, it's possible to do what you ask for.

It might be not the best solution as programmability may get a bit complex. A separate pedal for each Factor gives you more flexibility in general.

best

i

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can connect one (1/4" jack type) expression pedal to both TF and MF via a Y lead.

Or you could use a MIDI pedal to control both units in series (set the first one to MIDI THRU).

This would require them both to be set to the same MIDI channel, which would mean that all MIDI commands (not just the pedal) would be sent to them both. With careful choice of CC or ProgChange values this would be OK.

konstantine3

I'll check out the Y adapter cause I spent enough money on my rig lol Thanks very much for the info and Ill keep the midi notes in mind for future discovery

konstantine3

on 2nd post Ill get an expression pedal lol

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Y adaptor you show will be fine – the important thing is that all three ends be the same, ideally TS.

Stax_911
      Participant

The best solution I found to that problem is a midi controler like the DMC-3. I allows you to control with your expression pedal till to 3 stomboxes or just to the one you want.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.