Expression Pedal Mix control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Expression Pedal Mix control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JNPMusic

Hello, I have my TF setup for the expression pedal to control the mix. I like to add a little more when doing solos and then backing of for rhythm work. My question is, Can it be possible to program the TF that when I add more mix that it trails of nice and smooth instead of coming back down immediately when I bring the pedal back. Similar to a volume swell but not loosing the direct signal.

Hope I explained it correctly!

Thanks!

John Price

achaput

Hi John,

This would be possible with TimeFactor using a mixer and a volume pedal. On PitchFactor you can do this with the Diatonic Effect Type.

-Alan

woodshedder

An effect such as delay needs to have the input level programmable. Mix is just the mix, but the input level would be the right parameter for this. When backing off the pedal, it only backs off the signal to the delay, resulting in the remaining repeats to trail out in the level prior to the expression pedal!

Like you said, it can be done with a parallel system. you need a mixer, and a volume pedal before the delay!

This has a down side to it; what if you wouldn't like to have this as a global setup? Doing this manually with a volume pedal will require the pedal to be fixed to this control, rarther than having an expression pedal which might/could be setup for different purposes on different presets!!

I would love to have this "fading delay" thing going on, but I would only use it on lead presets. I have different use for the exp.pedal for other stuff! So I'm forced to live with the mix parameter, It'll have to do for now, since I'm using a serila setup!

-Tom-

PS: wouldn't mind if you wonderful people at eventide would add the input level parameter in a future update!! Any thought?

mantovibe

Hi. 

I agree 100%. I think EP control of input level could very well be THE most desirable real time control feature in a digital delay unit (IMHO). Some old rack delay units from Sony, Digitech etc. had the option of placing EP control after the A/D converters, right before the algorithm blocks….

I hope the guys at Eventide implement this…

RM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.