Expression Pedal not going 0-100 with H9 Max

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Expression Pedal not going 0-100 with H9 Max

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      agordon

Hi, I just got the H9 max and an Ernie Ball VP JR 25k pedal. The pedal works normally when plugged into my keyboard without the H9. When plugged into the H9, the pedal goes 0-100 for about 1 minute and then it only goes to 0-60 or 62 (varies) after that. Has anyone had a similar experience?

brock
      Participant

– Expression Pedal Calibrate (ON, OFF) Press the HOTKNOB button to select. Select OFF to disable automatic Expression Pedal calibration. Press the PRESETS button once to back-up one level to UTILITY menu. Press the PRESETS button twice to go to top level System menu.

Leave it ON once to calibrate the pedal.  Full heel, then full toe … maybe a couple of times, to be certain.  Once the correct expression pedal range is locked in, set the system [PDLCAL] parameter to OFF.

agordon

Yes, that seems to have done the trick! Thanks.

jlane0710
      Participant

I thought it worth mentioning that in my case (Dunlop DVP3), if I insert the jack while the H9 is on, I usually get a maximum calibration from 0 to about 87-92. If I turn the H9 off and back on, it will calibrate 0 to 100. Probably has something to do with the ring voltage making contact as the plug is inserted.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        jlane0710 wrote:
        I thought it worth mentioning that in my case (Dunlop DVP3), if I insert the jack while the H9 is on, I usually get a maximum calibration from 0 to about 87-92. If I turn the H9 off and back on, it will calibrate 0 to 100. Probably has something to do with the ring voltage making contact as the plug is inserted.

Older software would automatically calibrate, possibly acting as you describe.

More recent software allows you to turn autocalibrate on and off, meaning that you calibrate it once for a given pedal, and it then saves the results. At this time, you turn autocalibrate off.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.