expression pedal over midi AND expression pedal in H9 aux jack

Home Forums Products Stompboxes expression pedal over midi AND expression pedal in H9 aux jack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      john parricelli
      Participant

Hi,

I’m sorry if this has been covered before. I would like to use 2 expression pedals with the H9. One over midi, e.g with a disaster area pedal, and one connected to the aux jack on the H9. This would allow me to control input gain and also address effects parameters. Is this possible, and how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H9 really only supports one expression pedal.  What you could do is to have the MIDI pedal as a CC, which then means it could control one or more things in addition to the pedal connected to the AUX socket..

See UM p.25 for regular pedal, UM p.36 for MIDI CC.

brock
      Participant

Nick jumped right on this one.  I’ll just add that I run two over MIDI [FCB 1010], with … really, two-plus in series [Reflex through an 8 Step Program] to the EXP input.  Works fine.  Cover the usual bases [same MIDI Channel; Output to Thru; matched CCs].  Set Expression Only the in H9 / Control app for the EXP / AUX input.

Don’t get too-too crazy with simultaneous inputs.  But that might be more of a concern to the keyboardists, contortionists, & three-footed guitarists among us.

arborio1
      Participant

Sorry for the late reply – that is really useful. Thank you very much for your help. I think I’ll get a disaster area pedal for the H9. I already have one for my timeline, and they are extremely useful and weel made and conceived little boxes.

Thanks again

John

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.