Expression pedal range change since new firmware?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Expression pedal range change since new firmware?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ljholland

Something weird has happened since I've updated the firmware on the TF to 2.03[2].

I'm using an M-Audio expression pedal.  I used to have my pedal vary mix from 0 to 100.  Now, none of the ranges will go to 100.  The pedal has a range adjustment on the side but that only seems to shift the range up or down.  e.g., 65 to 100 or 0 to 87.  I'm no longer getting the full range from 0 to 100. 

There's a worse problem with this change: since the Timefactor isn't seeing the range as 0 and 100 simultaneously, I can no longer set the expression pedal at all.  My old settings are still there but I can't adjust them or add new ones.

Am I doing something wrong?  or…..is this an unreported bug in the new firmware?

Thanks!

Lance

achaput

Have you tried plugging the expression pedal in before powering up your TimeFactor? 

ljholland

Actually, the TF and pedal are all mounted to a pedalboard.  It's always plugged in.

Realistically, the biggest problem is not being able to adjust the pedal any more.  I could live with the range being shifted…..but at this point, the expression pedal function is really broken since it's stuck where I left on each patch before the update.

achaput

Which model of expression pedal is it? Is there a fine-tune control on the expression pedal? If so it should be turned all the way down.

Alan 

ljholland

Aha!  Well…..it's fixed.  What's strange is I used to have the fine tune knob set to the minimum.  Now I have it cranked all up….restarted the pedal and it worked.

As long as it's fixed – I'm happy!

Thanks Alan!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.