Expression Pedal settings trouble

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Expression Pedal settings trouble

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello, 

I cannot get my expression pedal settings to save. I have a Timefactor (and space and modfactor) and the Ernie Ball VP JR 25K pedal as recommended. 

I'm am trying to control the Timefactor. The pedal works great and the Timefactor registers it fine, but i have followed the instructions on the youtube video for creating your own settings and it does not work.  For example:

Preset 1:1… default expression pedal settings are as follows: Heel position down= Feedback 0                                                                                                                   Heel Position Up = Feed back 100

This is for both Delay A and B.  I tried to change Feedback from 0-100 to a range of 25-75 and it just reverts back to 0-100 as soon as I move the pedal. It will not deviate from the default settings. I have tried changing both delay A and B and whatever I do, when i rock the pedal back and forth it still goes from 0-100 Feedback.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jeremiah                                                                         

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

It's somewhat confusing but it sounds as if it's working as it should. The range of the expresion pedal is not the same as the range of parameters in most cases.

You always want the expression pedal to work over its full range to give you the maximum expressive control. That's why you calibrate it to go from 0 to 100.

The parameter range, which can be from anything to anything, is then programmed (mapped) to the expression pedal's range. For example, you could program the expression pedal to change delay from 5 to 250 msec. The expression pedal would traverse it's full range from 0 to 100 but the parameter value if the delay would go from 5 to 250.

The feedback parameter causes confusion because it's full range happens to be the same as the range of the expression pedal.

So, unless i've misunderstood, I think that you're ok. The expression pedal should change your feedback from whatever min and max that you've programmed while the expression pedal goes from 0 to 100.

Well, for instance… I set the Feedback in the heel position to 50… this gives me several repeats (4-5).. then it set the toe position to 85 or so.. this give me like 9 or 10 repeats. I save the settings.

When I go to use the expression pedal.. I put it in the heel position (expecting 4 or 5 repeats) and the display reads 0 and I only get ONE repeat.. and when i move it to the toe position the display reads 100 and I get Many repeats.   

It does not move between 4-5 repeats and 9-10 repeats.

I got it to work. You must have the tap tempo on for some reason. Works like a charm now. 

Alvaro Campo
      jeremiahzellers wrote:

Hello, 

I cannot get my expression pedal settings to save. I have a Timefactor (and space and modfactor) and the Ernie Ball VP JR 25K pedal as recommended. 

I'm am trying to control the Timefactor. The pedal works great and the Timefactor registers it fine, but i have followed the instructions on the youtube video for creating your own settings and it does not work.  For example:

Preset 1:1… default expression pedal settings are as follows: Heel position down= Feedback 0                                                                                                                   Heel Position Up = Feed back 100

This is for both Delay A and B.  I tried to change Feedback from 0-100 to a range of 25-75 and it just reverts back to 0-100 as soon as I move the pedal. It will not deviate from the default settings. I have tried changing both delay A and B and whatever I do, when i rock the pedal back and forth it still goes from 0-100 Feedback.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jeremiah                                                                         

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.