External Control Access to H90 Perform Mode 2 Please

Home Forums Products Stompboxes External Control Access to H90 Perform Mode 2 Please

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      rograt
      Participant

Small thing please. I have the play modes assigned to a 3 way footswitch. I can get to Perform Mode as expected via a switch. I was hoping that when I press the switch again it would toggle to Perform Mode 2 (and back) – like on the unit. Can this be changed please?

An even smaller thing. In H90 Control, it took me ages to find the Program Bypass switch – mainly because it wasn’t near where I expected it to be. The lower right also requires quite a cursor movement. Can we have it somewhere more obvious and more convenient please?

I have done a bit of UX work so I hope these are well received as the unit is brilliant, and for what is packed in there a UX masterpiece – especially when the customisation is used.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

HI rograt,

I have the play modes assigned to a 3 way footswitch…I was hoping that when I press the switch again it would toggle to Perform Mode 2 (and back) – like on the unit.

I understand what you are asking for and I can relay the message to the team. I can see how this same button function would be useful. That being said, on the H90, successively pressing any of the mode buttons, Select or Perform, does not return to the previous mode. Rather, you must press each specific knob/button to get into the mode you want. You say these same modes are mapped to a 3-button footswitch. Wouldn’t pressing the correct mode button work the same way for you?

An even smaller thing. In H90 Control, it took me ages to find the Program Bypass switch – mainly because it wasn’t near where I expected it to be. The lower right also requires quite a cursor movement. Can we have it somewhere more obvious and more convenient please?

Noted.We thank you for your feedback.

rograt
      Participant

Thanks joecozzi for your excellent follow up as usual.

I am not sure I am understanding your workaround so I’ll just give an example. On most factory programs if I go into Perform mode I get a bypass toggle on the 3 main switches. If I click on the Perform knob again I get momentary bypass options. If I click on the knob again I go back to the toggle bypass options. I want to reprogram those 6 options but I can only access 3 via my external 3 way switch. I could stomp on the Perform knob but I fear one day I will have an accident.

Thanks

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

On most factory programs if I go into Perform mode I get a bypass toggle on the 3 main switches. If I click on the Perform knob again I get momentary bypass options. If I click on the knob again I go back to the toggle bypass options.

I think I understand the source of the confusion. I was thrown off because originally you had mentioned “Play modes.” Eventide considers the play modes to be Select, Perform, and Bank; I thought you wanted to switch between those, but what you want is a way to toggle the Perform mode functions from an aux switch, correct?

I want to reprogram those 6 options but I can only access 3 via my external 3 way switch. I could stomp on the Perform knob but I fear one day I will have an accident.

Whenever we enter the Perform mode, we have six performance controls across two pages. You could have three on the H90 itself (1,2, and 3) and assign the other three to the aux switch (4,5,6).  In System settings, in the Global-Pdl Ctl list, you have options titled PERFORM 1, PERFORM 2, PERFORM 3, PERFORM 4, PERFORM 5, & PERFORM 6. You can assign these to any aux switch number you want. Doing so will allow you to access the performance functions without even needing to go into Perform mode. In fact, you could have two 3-button aux switches connected to H90 and always have all six perform functions available; you could even use MIDI. The great thing about using the “PERFORM” mappings I just mentioned, is that the actual functions for every Program can be different but your aux switches will always just point to the button positions in Perform mode.

rograt
      Participant

Yes that is correct. Apologies for throwing you off the trail. Access to those 6 modes is exactly what I want and as you say it will be different for every program.

The advantage of switching between pages on the unit is that the display tells you exactly what you are switching so if I could do this with my remote switch it would be a lot cleaner.

If I had a second bank of switches I would have to sacrifice the EXP pedal which is like my right arm. Unfortunately I’m now maxed out on control in’s on the ES8 or I could have put the EXP into the ES8 and relayed MIDI out.

So, yes if the remote switch could toggle banks rather than just go into Perform mode it would be better.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

if the remote switch could toggle banks rather than just go into Perform mode it would be better.

You meant toggle Perform mode pages, right? I ask because toggling between banks is mappable to an aux switch.

rograt
      Participant

Exactly. A reminder of my setup.

9633D457-8596-475E-A4A5-05D0786FF4E9

So left double footswitch does bank up or bank down and right footswitch does program up or down (with this I can immediately change for example from Whammy +1 Oct to Whammy -1 Oct). Also bypassing the presets is on 7&8 of the Boss ES8. The whole set up has a nice tactile console feel to it but I don’t really want to add anymore switches 🙂

Ignore the bottom footswitch – that’s for the Marshall

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.