Factor boxes – can they generate MIDI CCs 100-127?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Factor boxes – can they generate MIDI CCs 100-127?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      feralchild

I have a PF and a TF passing MIDI sync to an ElectroHarmonix 2880 looper.

I am attempting to pass MIDI messages from the Factors' aux switches to control the 2880.

Unfortunately the 2880 is programmed to respond to 100-127, the exact range I cannot seem to get on the Factors.

Why do the CCs stop at 'C99'?  In future software versions, could Eventide simply remove the 'C' when it hits 100 so we can get the full range?

In the meantime, short of somehow hacking and reprogramming the 2880, could anyone suggest a possible workaround?

I am looking into small MIDI devices to place in between that could add the CCs to the signal and pass it on, but that is not going well…

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      I am looking into small MIDI devices to place in between that could add the CCs to the signal and pass it on

This works flawlessly. Don't be put off by the programming process.  It's not as difficult as it looks at first glance (especially using the free application).

feralchild

UPDATE – apologies I made a mistake. I read my 2880 manual wrong. It uses a range from 9 to 125. Most of the commands I need are under 99, but there are still some 100+ commands that I would like access to.

Hopefully I just misunderstood the Factor manuals as well..

feralchild

Yes I am interested in learning Arduino. In the meantime I am using my laptop but I'd like my whole board to be stand-alone for mobility.

feralchild

I didn't notice your MIDI solutions link before, that could definitely be a solution. It could simply translate one command into another. Thanks, good tip.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.