Factor Pedal registration coupons?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Factor Pedal registration coupons?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      makers

Sorry if this has been answered before. I registered two Factor Pedals thought the control app and received a message saying I would get H9 algorithm coupons.

Where do those show up? I can't see them anywhere or figure out how to redeem them. Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

If you have one or more of your Factor pedals connected at the same time as an H9 and you go into the store in H9 Control, you should see the number of coupons available in the status bar at the top of the screen, and when you press the buy button, it will give you the option of paying with a coupon.  You have to have your Factor pedals connected to use the coupons, so if you only connect one for example, you will only see its two coupons when you go into the store and not the two coupons from your other Factor pedal.

marcusm750

Hi, gkellum.  So the coupons are tied to specific Factor pedals.  Makes sense.  But the coupons can be used for any and all algorithms, correct?  For example, I can use the two PitchFactor coupons to buy Blackhole and rotary.  Or only for algorithms from the Factor whose coupons I'm redeeming?

Do these coupons ever expire?  I don't have an H9 now but expect to get one in the near future.  Also, what if I sell one or more of my Factors (not that I would actually do so) after the coupons have been used?  Do the algorithms purchased with the associated coupons disappear?  I would expect the new owner(s) to register the Factors so it would be known in your licensing scheme that I don't own them anymore.

gkellum
      Participant

marcusm750:

So the coupons are tied to specific Factor pedals.  Makes sense.  But the coupons can be used for any and all algorithms, correct? 

Yes, coupons can be used for any and all algorithms.

marcusm750:

Do these coupons ever expire?  I don't have an H9 now but expect to get one in the near future.  Also, what if I sell one or more of my Factors (not that I would actually do so) after the coupons have been used?  Do the algorithms purchased with the associated coupons disappear? 

The coupons never expire, and the algorithms bought with a coupon don't disappear if you sell your Factor pedals.  The coupons associated with a Factor pedal can only be used once, and if you sell your Factor pedal and have used its coupons already, then the new owner won't be able to use them. If you don't use the coupons, then they'll be useable by the new owner after he registers the pedal. 

marcusm750

Thanks for your quick response, gkellum.

Ah, yes, makes sense the coupons are one-time only, either by me or the next/previous owner(s), and your licensing would know this by the serial number(s).  No worries, my four Factors will be with me for a very, very long time.  🙂

Scottmcconnachie
      Participant

Is this still the case for owners of factor pedals plus a h9?

gkellum
        Participant
        scottmcconnachie wrote:

Yes, this is still the case.

Given To Fly
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

scottmcconnachie wrote:

Yes, this is still the case.

It worked! You basically just handed me $80. Thank you! 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.