Factor Pedals – Play vs Bank Mode?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Factor Pedals – Play vs Bank Mode?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jbod215

I just this week bought a Pitch Factor, I had thought I had done my homework before buying, and I even read through the instruction, but I have to say I'm totally stumped as to the basic layout of the Factor pedal philosophy.  

My question, is bank mode just for building and modifying presets, and play mode just for using the factory presets? If so why is the Tuner function only available on Play Mode, I would think that as I build my own library of presets I'd want the tuner available.  In a nutshell, should I be using Bank Mode for editing only, and play mode for playing?  

The instructions seem to be written assuming that this basic differential is obvious, but to me it isn't.  I hope this question makes sense, and thanks in advance. 

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      In a nutshell, should I be using Bank Mode for editing only, and play mode for playing?

You can program, save, and name presets in either mode.  I look at Play mode as a 'performance' mode; mainly because of the Flex switch options (p. 35-36 in the UM).  There are other advantages:  Tap Tempo, if you use that; and the tuner.

The tuner there makes sense to me, because I'd tune up to what the PitchFactor wants to 'see' prior to performing -or- programming.  Difficult enough with two feet free.  The output level and level meter might be something you want to check before performing, but also while programming.

Active / Bypass is switchable for one preset in Play mode; two presets in Bank mode.  It seems like Bank mode would be the ticket if you had to switch between presets in a song, or spent the time to draw up a strict sequence (upwards) to match your play list.

Once I integrated the PitchFactor into my MIDI setup, though, the differences between Play and Bank modes melted away.  It all becomes one 'PitchFactor mode' that combines all of the features together.  A two- or three-position Aux switch also has a way of blurring the lines.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We spoke about the tuner recently – the theory was that if it were accessible from Preset Mode, it would be too easy to hit the center switch first and load another preset by accident. For that reason, you can only load it directly from Play mode (also known in-house as Performance Mode).

jbod215

Thanks for the information.  There is a learning curve associated  with this devise but I'm really enjoying working my what through it.  

Another question came up though – is is possible to organize bank mode pre sets in a nonlinear fashion? ie limiting say bank selection to  bank 15, 33, 42 and 50 rather than the "low to high" limiting that's available in system mode?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You would have to shuffle them on a computer (next release supports the H9Control App) and download them.

Apart from painfully loading and re-saving them, you can't do it on the pedal.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.