Factor switch issues

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Factor switch issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anvio
      Participant

Hey guys!
      I've been experiencing an issue with the presets switches of my PF.
      It occured a few times in the past year: they would go haywire and stop engaging/disengaging, randomly.
      I posted a message asking for any advice and it seemed to be a matter of bad switches (purchased my unit in 2010).

Oddly enough, the switches go back to working condition every time, after a while (I couldn't send it for service because I need it very often on my main board, even when one of the switches isn't working).

I must mention that every time it happened, I was gigging, thus I have a remark: could it be due to unstable power distribution from the venue (i.e. sudden drops in the voltage flow), instead? Maybe a power conditioner could fix this?

Thanks a lot!!

achaput

Hello,

Are you using the latest PitchFactor software? Check out the PitchFactor Update page for more info-

http://www.eventide.com/Home/Eventide/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/PitchFactorUpdate.aspx

Anvio
      Participant

Hey achaput, thanks for replying!
      I'm currently using the latest production software – 3.0.0[19] – , not the beta one… you suggest that it could fix this kind of issue with the switches (I'm asking because they don't mention it in the Update utility page)?
      Thanks a lot!!!

achaput

If it's a software glitch, then updating and/or initializing could fix the problem. Initializing will erase your presets so you will want to back them up first using Factorlib, found here.

To initialize:

Power up the unit while holding down both the middle footswitch and the encoder button for a few seconds.

If you still have problems you should email support@eventide.com as the unit may have to get repaired.

achaput

You may want to test in varying locations to rule out unclean power.

Anvio
      Participant

achaput:

You may want to test in varying locations to rule out unclean power.

I could use a tester (in new venues, since I can't go back to every single club I gigged in), but I'm wondering if unclean power could cause some kind of issue with the pedal.

achaput:

If it's a software glitch, then updating and/or initializing could fix the problem

I'm going to try again. Thanks!

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

The actual latest production software is 3.5.0[4].  You should try that one. 

Anvio
      Participant

wedelich:

The actual latest production software is 3.5.0[4].  You should try that one. 

Ok, thanks! Sorry, I thought that it was a beta version as they mentioned it here http://www.eventide.com/Home/Eventide/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/PitchFactorUpdate.aspx

Thank you very much, I'll let you know!!!

Anvio
      Participant

Hey Wedelich, I have the latest production software, but the problem is unfortunately unaffected… what's your opinion? Could it be a software glitch or "just" a mechanical problem with the switch?
      Thanks indeed!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.