FactorLib 1.8 legacy ‘name’ files vs v3

Home Forums Products Stompboxes FactorLib 1.8 legacy ‘name’ files vs v3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      znevans

I'm wondering if the use of the pseudo-xml xml files that hold names for what appear to be aged versions of the factorlib presets are going to be maintained going forward?

I'm a software nerd and am working on a slightly refined UI for my own efficiencies with preset management.  With the PitchFactor and Space presets it seems the names are held inline.  With the 'old' presets the names seems to be in same named xml files.  I noticed after doing the preset/name dance, the updated syx files have the names in-line.

I want to make sure i invest my time as wisely as you will allow with a confirmation that the file format given is the route you are headed (as far into the future as you can see).

ze

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You mean the xml-like files ?

You are essentially correct. Prior to named preset support in V3, names and descriptions were held in the xml file, as the MIDI (syx) format did not allow them. Now that we have support for names (but not descriptions) the names appear in the MIDI file as well.

At some point in the future, the names may disappear from the xml format, but it should be extensible enough to allow this.

znevans

So, is there an end goal of well-formed xml in the end or is the current format here for the foreseeable future?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These files are semi-obsolete and not used by anyone else, so they should probably stay as they are.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.