FactorLib 1.8

Home Forums Products Stompboxes FactorLib 1.8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      zikamuricpe

I've just successfully installed Update Utility 1.6 to my Win7, updated my TF to version 3.0.0beta[16], and installed FactorLib 1.8. Everything went flawless and smooth. I am very happy to see an Edit Console in new FactorLib, because I was maybe the most persistent user on this forum asking for that feature. So, THANK YOU EVENTIDE for hearing your users!

Since I didn't receive or see any official announcement to a new FactorLib version, I would like to know if FactorLib v1.8 is a beta version or a regular update? I'm asking only because I would like to know should I test the software and possibly suggest some improvements, or should I just shut up for a while and use the sofware as it is Smile.

Thanks guys and keep up the great work!

achaput

Hello,

Yes, Factorlib 1.8 is a public beta version. Thanks for the feedback. See, we really do listen!

You are welcome to write your suggestions. And we appreciate you letting us know if you find any bugs.

Thank you!

Alan

zikamuricpe

Sorry if it is obvious or already explained somewhere, but: what presets are the newest, those that I get with the 3.0.0[16] upgrade or those that I get with FactorLib 1.8

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

As I have replied elsewhere, I have had issue with FactorLIb, BUT first, I'd like to thank you for getting on this, and making it available so we can use the LIBRARIAN to save and manipulate our librarys.

So far, tho, it is not ready for prime time. And I have encountered several um feayures that I'll throw down here.

After many manipulations documented yesterday, I have noticed:

1) In the new software, I saved a System file (so I wouldn't have to reprogram my 3 button Digi footswithch) to a Sysex program. It didn't save it …didn't recognise the data dump, BUT the system recognised a former System Dump from version 2.4 (??)…..So there.

2) I re-inialised My whole system after loading the system software, and then loaded my "saved" dump from 1-8 Factor Lib. All my patches had alphabet soup, BUT if I loaded my patches from the same file, one by one, I lost the soup……Manes didn't hold, but at least I lost the crappy alpha-chars that dominated the display for 5 secounds.

That's it for now. I will monkey as I go, but I'm less concerned with the naming. At least we can name in the editor, and print it out.

zikamuricpe

zikamuricpe:

Sorry if it is obvious or already explained somewhere, but: what presets are the newest, those that I get with the 3.0.0[16] upgrade or those that I get with FactorLib 1.8

Just to be clear, I ask this because the two sets of factory presets are not the same.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The 3.0.0[16] are the latest.

sjoplin

I did a little testing with 1.8 as well.  This is my first use of FactorLib so sorry if my questions are not 1.8 specific. 

when I try to load more than 1 preset from FactorLib to the pedal at a time, the display on the pedal says "BAD", then nothing else happens.

When I load the presets one at a time, the pedal says "upload ok",  the settings seem to be good, but then I need to save the patch name on the pedal manually, it doesn't keep the patch name from the FactorLib file.  does that sound right?

Also, what's the best way to re-arrange presets?  In FactorLib it's easy, drag and drop.  But since I can't do multiple uploads to the pedal at the same time, that makes it hard to move around presets without erasing other ones.  Example, keep it simple, i'm using banks 1 and 2.  I want to put 1-1 into 2-1, and 1-2 into 2-2.  Would be nice to be able to do that in FactorLib and do a dump to the pedal from the Computer and have patch names and parameters all adjusted.

If I'm missing a feature in FactorLib, please let me know,

thanks,

sean

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Here's the deal…Take a close look at all the patches…

About 10-20 (as best as I can remember) say 1-1,1-2,1-1-2……..

Something like that…Erase all of these , and then you can add the whole bank….

BUT, and there's ALWAYS a big BUT….

If "something" is funky, you'll end up with alphabet soup for a patch name. …unless you load each bank individually.

Once you start doing it, you'll see what I mean. Good luck. FactorLib ain'y quite ready for prime time…BUT it does have limited applications

sjoplin

Billy, thanks for the quick reply.  That makes sense about erasing a number of banks, or overwriting them and maybe dealing with patch name issues.  It's the leap of faith that the computer file is good so you can always go back to loading them up one by one in the order you want them in.

To that end, dumping from pedal to computer seemed to work great, patch names, settings, everything. 

I'm also assuming the pedal by default will load the preset into the active patch on the pedal no matter with the bank number setting is on the FactorLib file?  So you need to make sure the pedal is set to the target location before you load it in from FactorLib one at a time?

thanks,

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Yes, you got it….ON the run to a gig..

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

So……WE have noted certain um "features" with FactorLib, and I hope Eventide will continue working on this…..

mainly the bad array of the first 10-20 patches…..

he fact that "System" saves (other saves I'm not sure about) are not reliable (from Sysex program)

Alphanumeric Errors in the dispay after restoring

And I believe we can tranfer patches between documents….BUT I will investigate um when I get a chance

By the way, FactorLib basically deals with Patches. Will there be a resource to deal with System Saves (like Aux Pedal designations) and whatnot….

Don't think I don't appreciate Eventide for the work so far, tho!!!! I look foward to messing with the "sound" ….all this other crap is "accounting"..

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We like to add lots of um features.

We have a problem in that we cannot duplicate the 10-20, which did not appear in our testing. My guess is that it is a difference between installed software version and saved software version, but which versions trigger it is unknown.

We'll consider adding system saves to a future version. There is a possible issue here in that system info is not always portable between software versions (This is why you are recommended to clear setup when upgrading).

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.