FactorLib can’t locate Time Factor – midi?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes FactorLib can’t locate Time Factor – midi?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Ihate100bees

The other night I dabbled into the FactorLib and was able to create a file… I think, of the Time Factor settings. It was late so I backed out, and erased the file.

Now, that I have read up on the Library, and how to use it… I can't get it to see the pedal. It see's the midi config, but says to check the cables. It's like midi is not being received on the Time Factor.

I've been fighting with the clock sync in order to be able to sync with an Adrenalinn 3 pedal. I have also taylored the RCV map to syncronize with presets sent from a Behringer FCB1010 controller to the Adrenalinn 3 through CC messages.

But I still can't get the Time Factor to SYNC with the Adrenalinn, to TAP from the TF pedal and send it to Adrenalinn. I've tried every way possible, and I'm starting to wonder if I have a defective pedal!

I know I have a few things going on here but for now…. if I could save ALL from the TF to the Library, that would help before going further.

Could the reason be that the Library can't see midi from the Time Factor, because I have set the Time Factor to receive CC messages from the Behringer Controller?

Midi RCV is set to OMINI and XMT is set to ch 1.

Checked all cables, box, and another Library for the Adrenalinn and everything works, there.

Thanks.

achaput

Hello,

Just a shot in the dark here, but are you using USB to connect to Factorlib? Connecting the USB port will render the MIDI ports inactive.

Ihate100bees

I tried both way… with the midi cables and without by using USB and I couldn't get it to work. I have Windows 7 and of what I have read… you have to have a Mac, or Windows XP.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It was largely developed on Win7, so your reading may prove incorrect.

My guess is that you have MIDICLOCK out enabled – this disturbs Windows.

If this is not the case, send an email to support@eventide.com marked for my attention.

Ihate100bees

I will try it again to be sure, and let you know.

Thanks for the heads up!

Ihate100bees

Ok, finally got to re-check what you sugested but it still does not see any midi or the pedal in any way. I am only using a usb cable connected directly from the Time Factor to my 64 bit Windows 7 laptop (Sony).  I just sent support an email with your name on it, as you suggested. Thanks!

Ihate100bees

I finally got the FactorLib to work on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. It receives all my presets and shows up in the Untitled.syx window …. but I only want to store my current Time Factor "System" settings, as I've altered many settings. After this, I will want to re-load the factory presets.

I go into "Midi", and then "Dump", and then I selected "System", and hit it so it Sends … but I see nothing happening on the FactorLib end? Where… does it send the system settings to? Am I suppose to receive them in any other way after hitting SYSTEM and watching it send on the pedal (… for about 1 second)?

Confused, but thanks again.

Andy

Ihate100bees

I submitted a reply to this but not seeing it.

Anyways, I got the FactorLib to work… but I can not verify a "saved" SYSTEM  Settings file, in the Library. After I select Dump, then System, then hit Send… it sends for about 1 second and I see nothing else happening in the Library, or on the pedal. Should I? Can you tell me in detailed steps how to save my system Settings, and what I should expect to see happen in Factorlib? Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think that FactorLib only works with presets, not system settings. These can vary between different S/W versions.

Ihate100bees

In the manuals, it says that it can save System settings, System
      & Presets, Presets only or Current preset only. It's important that I
      save my settings. If you find out how to do this, please reply.

Thanks.

oyarsa
      Participant

Nick, I am replying to this old post because I am having the same problem with TF.  Win 7 (64), clock out disabled, using usb or midi (same result).  At lower right I see "loading" "wait 1"   and this repeats over and over.

Any help would be appreciated….Thanx

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it does not work with either MIDI or USB I am mystified. Make sure that the USB is disconnected when using DIN MIDI.

If you still have problems, you will need to try another computer, if only temporarily.

oyarsa
      Participant

I fixed it, you must be sure Sys ID = 1.  I have other pedals so I numbered them differently.  Also clock out should be OFF, as you suggested…..Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Well spotted – didn't think of SYSEX ID, as people don't use it much.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.