Factorlib installation issues on Mountain Lion (10.8.2) Osx !!!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Factorlib installation issues on Mountain Lion (10.8.2) Osx !!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      marcop
      Participant

I can't install Factorlib 1.8 because the installer crashes immediately and I have to force quit to close  the program…!

Any solutions???

HELP PLEASE!!!  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – Mountain Lion is not currently supported by FactorLib.

marcop
      Participant

ok… thanks for the answer.

there is any alternative software? 🙁

madmac
      Participant

Hi nickrose.

Are there any plans to update Factorlib to work on 10.8?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's certainly in our to-do list, but can't give a date at this time.

deltajam

Bump. Why hasn't this been updated yet?  Mountain Lion is the most popular version of OSX now.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/04/os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-tops-lion-as-most-popular-mac-operating-system/

http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0&qpcustomb=*2&qpct=2&qptimeframe=M&qpsp=167&qpnp=1

Please don't alienate a very large chunk of your user base.

Can you please give a timeframe for Factorlib to be compatible with OSX 10.8.2?

Thank You.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – it is not as easy as you think. We have a small engineering team and many things we need to do.

When we have a new version we will make an announcement.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Factorlib was written well before Mountain Lion came out, so it is not reasonable to expect it to be immediately updated.

But, we've looked at it, and beyond the obvious Gatekeeper issues, can't see any problems. One person said he had installation issues – others just complain, without saying what problems they are facing.

It would be helpful if people were more informative – please help us to help you.

noyank11

Any news RE a FactorLib update for OS X?

I would like to backup my presets after all the work to get things just right..

it has been well over a year since the last update..

thanks

dean100

I just purchased a Timefactor stompbox and am a MAC user. I have a new MacBook Pro running 10.9.1.

When I download and attempt to install FactorLib, I just get the rotating beach ball. 

Any update on MAC support of FactorLib?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having problems. We are not aware of any specific Mac problems on Mountain Lion and earlier.

At this point in time, we are planning on replacing FactorLib with a version of the H9 App, to be available later this year.

dean100

I just purchased a TF and have a new Macbook Pro running 10.9.1. I saw the beachball for a while while installing FactorLib 1.8. I ended up doing a hard restart and when the laptop came back up everything was working. Having no problems now.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.