FactorLib tf.syx Update

Home Forums Products Stompboxes FactorLib tf.syx Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      57paf

The tf.syx only has the 1st 20 presets, while the mf.syx has 40 and the pf.syx has 100.  When can we get all 100 factory presets?

I downloaded the 2.4.2 timefactor update, auditioned my favorite pre-sets, then I had hoped to use Factor lib to help me re-sequence all 100 of the new pre-sets in consecutive order, so I could then limit the range to the consecutive pre-sets that I intended to use.  Unfortunately, the tf.syx that comes with the FactorLib only has the original 20 pre-sets.  How do we load the new stuff from a 2.4.2 timefactor?  Do I use the button with the arrow pointing away from the stompbox to download the 100 presets that are already in my pedal? 

achaput

Yes, use the button with the arrow pointing away from the stompbox to upload presets to your computer. Then you can save them and organize them. When you are done arranging them how you like, save as a new bank and then hit the button with the arrow pointing TO the stompbox to send them back to the stompbox.

zikamuricpe

It may be obvious, but let me ask anyway: if I download all presets from my TF to FactorLib and then save that .syx file to hard disk, am I actually making a backup of these presets? In other words, if I later upload that .syx file to my TF, will it overwrite all the changes I have made in the meantime and return everything in original stage?

57paf

Achaput:

Thanks! 

I guess it would also make sense to save all 100 presets under another file name (say, tf100.syx) and save my reduced custom set under another.  Should I decide to add more presets in the future, that would save me a step of having to download 2.4.2 all over again.

achaput

zikamuricpe:

It may be obvious, but let me ask anyway: if I download all presets from my TF to FactorLib and then save that .syx file to hard disk, am I actually making a backup of these presets? In other words, if I later upload that .syx file to my TF, will it overwrite all the changes I have made in the meantime and return everything in original stage?

Yes, the .syx file will be a backup of your presets. You can save an unlimited number of .syx files to your computer with different sounds in each one. This way you could in theory build a library of thousands of Factor pedal presets on your hard drive.

When you send a .syx file back into the Factor pedal it will overwrite the internal presets.

57paf

Achaput:

I pressed the button w/the arrow pointing away (Upload from MIDI).  I could see  the indicator lights switching among the various delay types as it was uploading, but each time it would stop, then give me the delay time of the last bank setting it happened to be on.  It would not fully download all 100 presets from my timefactor.

What am I doing wrong?  In the meantime, can you post the updated tf.syx file?  Thanks.

achaput

You have to make sure that all 50 Banks are enabled in the System Mode / UTILITY / BANKS.

57paf

Achaput:

All 50 banks were enabled on my TF as I attempted to upload the 100 presets from 2.4.2 in my TF to the FactorLib.  I could count at least 65 different times where the delay would switch from one type to another, but it never finish.  The words "LOAD" would show in the bottom right hand corner of the FactorLib window, but no new syx file would end up being saved.

mborbo
      Participant

Hi!

Mee too I experience problems when loading presets…in fact…FactorLib doesn't load anything from TF: it still say "loading" in the bottom right of the page but no operation on the TF.

All 50 banks are enabled.

I also tried with "dump" on the TF but no lucky!

Is there any particular setting or operation i must do to be more lucky???

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.