FactorLib Windows question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes FactorLib Windows question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      mikefont69
      Participant

Can someone tell me if the PitchFactor's FactorLib will work with XP Service Pack 2?

The manual says that it requires Service Pack 3, but I am currently running SP2 as I have had problems on my current computer with trying to update to SP3. (I probably need a new computer anyway, but that's not an option quite yet)

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It should work with SP2, but it has only been tested with SP3.

mikefont69
      Participant

Thanks Nick, I appreciate the feedback…although I did get my computer updates to Service Pack 3…FINALLY!  Stick out tongue

TubeAmped

I can't seem to get mine working with Windows 7 🙁

I'm becoming extremely disenchanted with this pedal.  The main reason
      that I chose it over the TC Electronic Nova Delay was for it's ability
      to create more presets and back them up.  Now that I have the thing (and
      the excitement is diminishing as if a popped balloon) I cannot get the
      USB OR MIDI to work for backing up the patches on the pedal.  I
      therefore cannot get excited about creating my own sounds without a way
      to back them up.  I can see this pedal going back if I do not get it
      working soon.  To clarify, USB is working for updating firmware, but not
      for the "open from MIDI" option in the FactorLib program.  Same goes
      for the MIDI – unable to back up the patches from FactorLib.  I receive a
      "No Stompbox Found" error message telling me to, "Check connections and
      MIDI Config.  Then try again."  This is very frustrating when you are
      trying to use a function that many others have been able to use, but is
      not working for me.  ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank
      you in advance – Mike

TubeAmped

Okay – so I have figured out that the FactorLib program works properly with Windows XP SP3 32 Bit, but not under the latest Windows 7 64 Bit.

Has Windows not been out long enough to expect it to work with the Eventide Library program?  Can we expect this to work any time soon?  Thank you, Eventide Tech Support team, in advance for any light shed on this.  It's gonna stink to have to take my pedal upstairs every time I need to back it up or change out my presets.

Thank You – Mike

P.S.  I would think this would be more urgent than the preset name things that everybody keeps wanting 😉

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Given that FactorLib predates W7 it can not be guaranteed to work with it. The next version will be developed using W7.

But, no obvious reason why it shouldn't – try the usual things, like different interfaces…

kevviemetal
      Participant

If you have Windows 7 Pro, you could try using a virtual XP machine to run FactorLib.

TubeAmped

I am running Home Premium, but can still run the FactorLib in Compatibility Mode – so will give that a go later.  I dunno why I hadn't thought of that before, but thank you for the idea 😉

Later – Mike

TubeAmped

Yeah, no joy with the compatibility mode.  Guess I'm stuck with having to bounce between up/downstairs until the software gets updated…

Later – Mike

kdavies

I am using Factorlib under Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit wit zero problems. Everything works just dandy.

TubeAmped

Are there any updates on when we can look forward to seeing the new FactorLib software version?  Thank you in advance…

Mike

TubeAmped

Um – well?  I am unable to use FactorLib now – I had to upgrade my home desktop to Windows 7.  Can we get an update to this program or is there another utility that will do the same thing with the same level of ease?  Thank you and I am looking forward to the next version of this…

Thank you – Mike

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There does seem to be a strange issue with W7, where it works with some systems and not others. We have a possible fix for this, which will be in the next release later this year.

kokomiko

I had problem with win7 (64) home premium too. the "open from Midi" option did not work. The I started the prgramm manually in compatibility mode (I selected win xp SP3) and it worked perfectly.

TubeAmped

[View:http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=205147&id=1698751074:3992:2188%5DYeah – I tried that and it didn't work for me (see above).  Eventide – "later this year"?  Can you provide any better estimate of a release?  Also, is there another program that I might be able to use in order to back up my presets?  Thank you in advance…

Mike

P.S.  Check out my new PedalTrain 2 pedalboard 😉

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

No schedule for next version at present. But, if you like to live dangerously, send your email address to support@eventide.com marked for my attention and I'll send you a test version.

NB Test is less reliable than Beta, and may have any number of other things wrong with it. But, it would be helpful to know if it fixes your problem.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.