Factors vs Eclipse vs H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Factors vs Eclipse vs H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ctc

I own/love the TimeFactor and would like to add the sounds of the ModFactor, Pitchfactor, and Space. But with these pedals I would not have routing flexibility while performing. Additionally I have my TF rack mounted with access to it's controls and the rack would double in height (negative) to add the other 3 pedals.

An obvious option would be the Eclipse: It's single rack space works well with my rig and I can move the TF over to my synth. If I am not mistaken the audio quality of this unit is superior to the factor pedals. While live routing is somewhat better than the Factors (via presets), it's still limited to 2 effects at a time. And I don't know if I can load any two of the basic algorithms into each effect block simultaneously, or if there are limitations to which ones can?

Another option would be three H9's. I could probably figure out how to rack mount these. I understand that each algorithm I purchase can be loaded onto multiple H9s. This has the added benefit of complete routing flexibility on the fly. Does anyone know how the audio quality of the H9 compares to the other factor pedals and the Eclipse?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Well the converters in the Eclipse are supposedly of higher quality than the ones in the Factor series… But in practice I never really noticed anything better or worse withe the Eclipse to be honest.

when you say can you load two basic effects in the Eclipse ? Do you mean say a delay and a modulation? Yes… If you mean can you you load a TimeFactor algorithm and a modfactor algorithm at the same time? No.

the eclipse is very powerful and very tweak able, but in all honesty I find myself using the H9 more just because it is easier to tweak and now I have just received an H9 core I can bet some very big and complex sounding combinations using say a TimeFactor BandDelay and either H9 UltraTap or Resonator… It can get you into the bigger / more complex sounding eclipse style sounds.

Another big bonus with the H9 for me is the H9 control app makes editing and management a breeze compared to the eclipse.

ctc

Good info on not being able to load the TF and MF algorithms simultaneously in an Eclipse.

Interesting combinations with TF and H9 algorithms with two H9's. Have you tried to do that with your actual TF and one H9?

Have you run the H9's in an amps effects loop?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

not tried a physical TimeFactor with an H9 at the same time as I have never owned them at the same time … I have run the Eclipse TimeFactor algorithms and the H9 at the same time.

The H9's have mostly been run in stereo and in the loop of a modeller .. occasionally I have run an H9 into the front of an amp or the modeller …. but mainly in the loop for stereo and flexibility of routing as I can place the effects loop anywhere in the chain.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.