Feature request – H90 Bluetooth

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Feature request – H90 Bluetooth

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      mcvittym
      Participant

I’d like to be able to connect wirelessly to the H90 from my iMac and my MacBook Air.  Could you turn on the Bluetooth features to enable me (and others) to do that?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Bluetooth support will be added in a future update but we cannot provide a timeline for this. Thanks for your patience.

mcvittym
      Participant

Thanks! I wondered whether Bluetooth and an iOS app were linked and whether they needed to be.  I will look forward to Bluetooth with patience!

jm345
      Participant

Yes, would really like Bluetooth for the Mac. Thanks

bjordan
      Participant

I would love to see bluetooth on the H90.  When I see bluetooth on the H90, I’ll upgrade from my H9 Max to the H90.  Bluetooth is a hip feature that helps set the H9 apart from the rest.  It’s been on my pedal for over 6 years.  The ability to use an iPhone or iPad for graphical editing is a bonus for use on stage: prepping and tweaking parameters during soundcheck, as well as live control, including X-Y, control during a live performance.  Hip!

kinkyroy
      Participant

Today I can not agree more than that. The BT is critical – I thought it was obvious that the BT connection with the app is already applied and paid for the shine device, and a huge surprise hit me here.

Anyway, if any of the Product managers are pushing the strings up in the R&D dep. Please rush this

Great device, but for live shows, the app is one of the things that double H9 users have been using for years.

birthofahero
      Participant

Any update on BT availability?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry, no updates to provide at this time.

birthofahero
        Participant

No worries! Thanks for the response.

nhuegel
      Participant

Hi there! Long time dual H9 and H90 user. Bluetooth editing is so important to my setup! I love my H90, but without bluetooth I have to go through the hassle of removing my H90 from my board so that I can fit the USB cable for updates and tweaking; needless to say this is very inconvenient compared to the H9 and a step backwards in design. Please rush this feature to market!!!

birthofahero
        Participant

Ya it’s honestly shocking how long this is taking. And besides “no updates at this time” literally no communication around this INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT FEATURE FOR MANY USERS. It’s becoming more ridiculous every month that goes by. This should have been a LAUNCH feature. Why isn’t it? What is taking so long. Please give us an update besides “no updates at this time”. We deserve clarity and communication.

Infection
      Participant

I think it’s sensible for them to be quiet until it’s release ready.

Otherwise they risk backlash if they can’t meet an expected release date.

I am trusting they put alot of resources towards this development since it’s one of the most requested and anticipated features.

(I have no affiliation with eventide)

kinkyroy
      Participant

No, my brother! This is aint cool to wait so long!

I can not say how much I m disappointed; Evertide did not deliver it yet, and the schedule for the launch of the App is far away, I guess. I think they know about the users using the app, and they got the data about that; however, they kind of hide it. I guess they did not want marketing and sales to drop down.

Making a good app that will be delivered the aspect of “something new” takes time and money, and I guess someone in the company expected more sales, and now it is stacked kind of between both sales are not rocket height to a “bad project”

I don’t want to be a negative person that delivered bad news, while I set up the device in such a way that kind of did the trick but still

if I knew about the BT and H90 not having an app, I WAS NOT CHANGE IT ”

but too long, too long indeed

Come on, Evertide, you can do better even with some bugs or even lite version.

Could you give us the power of control?

Please rush it!

zambiland
      Participant

We have no idea of the challenges in creating an app or their motivations on priorities. It will happen when it happens. If you can do it yourself, might as well step up!

kinkyroy
      Participant

LOL, I have lots of experience in creating a few apps in my life, along with playing bass and gear geek.

If they want to push it, they can! And to be fair to the customers that fans of the product, at least they can make public the timeline for making so;

I guess if some on in the company, like the “Product manager”, reads is and going to the morning meeting to talk about the timeline and budget and what is blocking I want them to say openly that some people that bought the H90 are deeply disappointed about not having BT opinion with app control that we had in H9.

birthofahero
      Participant

Devs – we deserve clarity and communication on this incredibly important feature. Please.

birthofahero
        Participant

Week 38 of no Bluetooth and no communication about it besides -“we have no information”. We deserve better.

kites
      Participant

Bumping thread. It’s not ideal but I’m going to try CME’s WIDI master. https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-master/ I’ll report back if I’m successful.

birthofahero
        Participant

It won’t work to connect with H90 Control app. I’ve tried.

kites
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Do you need WIDI maser it to specifically connect to the Control App as well? I was thinking of first activating WIDI Master with their iPad OS app and then enabling MIDI through H90 itself.</p>

teabandito
      Participant

Is it possible to add some shortcuts in H90 Control? At least Ctrl Z to undo the last change, space to bypass selected preset etc? It works in Line 6 HX Edit and it would be extremely comfortable if it worked in H90 Control too.

birthofahero
      Participant

Really getting annoyed at how ignored this feature is. And how ignored we as users asking about this have been. This is honestly becoming embarrassing.

Give us a fucking update Eventide. Jesus.

damnjeeves
      Participant

Ya….8 years in development, almost 1 year after release, and $1000 later one of the main features that was a huge draw for people doesn’t work

I’m not a programmer or engineer, but must be pretty hard if a forerunner effects company can’t produce

birthofahero
      Participant

The ONLY answer is that the development for this was out sourced and Eventide themselves are getting ghosted.

This is a joke. Customers being ignored is a joke.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

We hear you. We’re working on it. No timeline yet, unfortunately. We’re focused on it working well.

birthofahero
        Participant

We’re focused on it working well.

This is quite literally the only ‘new’ piece of information given in 6 months. Please do a better job at communicating. Why is it so hard to be transparent to your customers about this? This is beyond frustrating.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Feature request – H90 Bluetooth’ is closed to new replies.