feature request: virtual “hotknobs”

Home Forums Products Stompboxes feature request: virtual “hotknobs”

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      nihad
      Participant

i really like the functionality of the hotknob as a macro for effect manipulation, where several parameters in set ranges can be manipulated at the same time..

it would be amazing if there were maybe three more Hotknobs, total of four. In addition to the one today (tied to exp pedal), unused parameters could be assigned to the three additional Hotknobs who in turn would be controlled by MIDI CC’s or accessing X, Y and Z pages on the Unit ..

For us that like to tweak effects in realtime as we play (virtually every synth player..) this would be more effective in a live situation that even having access to all parameters – this way every preset could have controls assigned over the parameter ranges that are most suitable and sound best for the set preset/algoritm

(…also, setting parameter ranges per preset instead of globally is a lot more useful considering this is a multiFX box, plus somewhat overcoms the limitation of MIDI’s low resolution by enabling the user to use the whole range on a specific parameter interval ..)

gkellum
      Participant

When we originally starting working on the H9, there were going to be two expression pedal patches, but when people saw how the UI would actually need to work to do that, they got angry and wanted only a single expression pedal patch.  I think the problem is that when there were two patches there was one step to choose which patch you were looking at / modifying and then another step to make the actual assignments.  Some people already find just making the actual assignments perplexing enough and adding another layer on top of that would break some people's brains unfortunately.

nihad
      Participant

.. maybe it was just badly implemented in the first iteration..

one way to make things perfectly clear it is to first have some kind of limitation, in example;

– a parameter can only be controlled by one Hotknob 

– factory presets utilize only the first Hotknob

together with color coding it would all pretty easly make sense.. see my 5 min mockup attached 🙂

(…another possibility is to have another page for hotknobs 2,3,4, personally I think it’s way more useful than the XY pad ..)

grimley
        Participant
        nihad wrote:

.. maybe it was just badly implemented in the first iteration..

one way to make things perfectly clear it is to first have some kind of limitation, in example;

– a parameter can only be controlled by one Hotknob 

– factory presets utilize only the first Hotknob

together with color coding it would all pretty easly make sense.. see my 5 min mockup attached 🙂

(…another possibility is to have another page for hotknobs 2,3,4, personally I think it’s way more useful than the XY pad ..)

Excellent idea!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.