Fission – does it support automation, MIDI mapping / learning?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Fission – does it support automation, MIDI mapping / learning?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bobethomas
      Participant

Fission is very cool, but is there an automation function and/or MIDI mapping / learning function? 

The documentation doesn’t mention anything of the sort, but being able to run fission on a track and use automation on it would seem to be an important function…

gkellum
      Participant

Well, these features are normally handled by the DAW that you're using Fission in. 

In all DAWs that I know you add an automation lane to a track you want to add automation to, and you select one of the plugins parameters to control in that automation lane.  You can do that with Fission. 

Similarly with MID mapping / learning, in a DAW like Live you put Live in learn mode and move the parameter you want to control in the plugin, and Live maps that parameter to your controller.

If you'd like you could download the free 30 day trial for Fission and try it out in your DAW and make sure that everything is going to work as you'd like it to.

bobethomas
      Participant

I’m using Presonus Studio One 3 (I’m a former Cubase person) and I didn’t understand their very clever Control Link interface… which I now do.. gonna go out and buy Fission now 😉   Thanks!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.