Footswitch and BPM

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Footswitch and BPM

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      razo

Two questions:

– What is the easiest way to incorporate a footswitch into a VSIG program?

– Is there an easy way to get the delay time parameter (of the delay module) to be displayed in BPM ?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

One – use an EXTCONTROL module

Two – use a C_DIVIDE module to divide 60 by the delay time – this will give an output in BPM

razo

Excellent. 🙂

I had to use one C_Divide (in1=60 and in2= knob) and one C_multiply (in1=1000 and in2=from C_divide out) to do get the parameterdisplay in BPM.

Do the have to be Extcontrol initialized at each loading or is there a way to preset it in Vsig (to e.g. ring1 )?

What is the difference in use between the EXTCONTROL and the EXTTRIG module? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can init the EXTCONTROL in Vsig but it's not worth the effort – if you set it up in the program on the machine, it will remember. If you want, you could then get the file back into Vsig and look at the numbers.

EXTTRIG generates a trigger – a signal that goes high briefly and then goes low.

razo

Thanks. Which modules would would you use to construct a simple knob-controlled feedback for the delaymodule?

I ended up using a Knob, a C-to-A module, an Audio Multiply and an Audio Adder, i.e. 4 modules…

razo

Found out I can probably use a Mixer module and a Knob – half the number of modules 🙂

razo

Is there a way to transmit the name of a preset from VSIG to the Eventide unit?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Used Edit/Set Title and Author

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.