Footswitch issue on Timefactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Footswitch issue on Timefactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sherbanico
      Participant

Hi,

I have a major issue with the TAP/PLAY footswitch on my Timefactor. It doesn't respond anymore. I am out of waranty (I bought the device more than two years ago) and decided to open it just to see if I could see anything, clean the switch or something. The thing is I can't seem to remove the screws on the back of the unit… I'm no technician or whatever, but no matter what screwdriver I use, it just seem to ruin the screws, like if they were old cheap things… Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help and eventhough its giving me a hard time right now it is really a great stompbox, I just hope to have it fixed soon.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The screws on the bottom are standard Phillips parts (meaning not Posidrive or other crosshead format). Get a proper screwdriver from a tools store and if they are not in too bad a shape you should be able to undo them. I use Xcelite XST-101 Phillips-1. Alternatively, if they are pretty far gone, an Impact Driver might be worth trying.

Once you get it undone, try cleaning the switch, but if you are unsuccesful, contact support@eventide.com when they are having a good day and they may be sympathetic.

sherbanico
      Participant

Thanks alot for the quick answer! Actually yesterday I removed the front panel and cleaned the external part of the switch and it worked great! Thanks anyway for the tip!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.