Forum Refresh Difference Between Logged In / Logged Out Status

Home Forums Administrivia Website Discussion Forum Refresh Difference Between Logged In / Logged Out Status

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      brock
      Participant

I’ve noticed this, at least over the course of the past few days / week.  The forum state appears ‘frozen in time’ when I haven’t logged in yet.  It tends to ‘refresh’ only 2, 3, 4, times in a 24-hour period.  The minute that I log in, I see all of the missing posts & comments that have been updated over the past several hours.

Odd.  SpaceTime anomaly?  Seriously, I imagine that unregistered forum users are not seeing the full contents of the forum at any given time.  I understand that there were some server issues last night, but this doesn’t seem directly related.  I’ve also had intermittent problems with uploads to the user file storage, but that one surfaces more randomly.

jgoldbach
      Participant

Hi Brock,

We're working with site caching to improve performance and reduce load on our servers. Only anonymous users will see cached versions of pages, that's why when you log in you see the latest.

You are correct, it's not related to the outage from earlier today.

Sorry for any inconvenience. We'll be changing the expiration of the cache soon which should cut down the time between updates greatly.

Thanks for your post and please let me know what problems you're having with uploading images so that I can check it out.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.