Fractal Audio EV-2 expression pedal with H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Fractal Audio EV-2 expression pedal with H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr.Jackle
      Participant

I just tried Fractal Audio EV-2 expression pedal with H9 hoping to find a small footprint pedal to use with it. It works but the sweep is off, 85% of the change happens in the lower 20% of the sweep. The auto calibration of the expression pedal is on. Can I do anything to fix this?

camn
      Participant

Can you get the specs in this ‘dual pot’ situation? I Google’s it but I didn’t see impedance or anything.

If not…
      Worst case scenario….wire a standard pot into that housing.

Dr.Jackle
        Participant
        camn wrote:
        Can you get the specs in this ‘dual pot’ situation? I Google’s it but I didn’t see impedance or anything. If not… Worst case scenario….wire a standard pot into that housing.

EV-2 has 100k pot. I also have a Boss FV500L that has a 10k pot, it’s not ideal but works better than the Fractal pedal. Eventide has stated that they had best results with Ernie Ball 25k volume pedal, so I guess the function was tuned to that. I’m just thinkin is there anything I can do, besides changing the pot or buying a third expression pedal.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

A 100K pot is on the high side and will give the results you report. A 25K or less pot is best.

You could have a techie friend change the pot for you.

Dr.Jackle
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

A 100K pot is on the high side and will give the results you report. A 25K or less pot is best.

You could have a techie friend change the pot for you.

I could change the pot, but I also need to use the pedal with the Axe-Fx for which it was designed for. The Boss FV500L is a little bit more linear but on the opposite side. I guess there’s no option but to buy the Ernie Ball Vp Jr. if I want better sweep.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.