funny power question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes funny power question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      wiesd

baught today my first eventide stompbox. 

how do i turn it off/on? i cant find it in the manual… is the only way to do this is to disconnect the power suplly?

really? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hope you like it !!

No stompboxes that I can immediately think of have a power switch – if you want to power it down you usually kill the power input to the power supply. Usually, you power all your kit down at the same time.

If you just want to kill the effect, use BYPASS. The relay bypass setting gives a "true bypass", so the unit is in effect not there.

guitarlesson

Congrats… FYI: You first Eventide stompbox is the gateway drug. You will soon feel an uncontrollable desire to shell out $$$ for the remaining 3.

timothyhill

Yeah, welcome to the club!! I second guitarlesson's, um, "cautionary statement" 😉 These things are HIGHLY addictive! But, it's well worth it… they are some of the most amazing boxes I've ever heard, seen, held, or been lucky enough to play with (and I've played with a quite few boxes in my time) 😉 LOL!

Hey, Nick! I've got an older EH Deluxe Memory Man, theold-style big ones with the not-so-sturdy cases, think it's about 10 years old or so… it's got a power switch, but that's the only one I can think of. Personally, I'm glad power switches aren't standard issue. I've got too many other things to worry about when setting up. More power switches equate to more potential points of failure, you know?

Really do hope you enjoy your new Factor, wiesd!! Which one did you get?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

I agree, power switches on a stompbox would be a nightmare due to easily being knocked.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.