future iOS support questions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes future iOS support questions

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      skywriter
      Participant

how many H90 pedals will the control app handle this time? will the control app manage both H9 and H90, or do I need two iPad’s with different apps if I have both pedals?

does the iOS bluetooth limit only apply to identical devices, or do I get another three bluetooth device so I could run three H9’s and three H90’s from the same iPad?

can you control the entire algorithm on the pedal easily without the app? I *don’t* want to use a computer, tablet, or a phone as part of my performance if I don’t have too. that would be a great reason for me to upgrade all my H9’s to H90’s. I hate having a computer around. period.

thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

how many H90 pedals will the control app handle this time?

Presently, the desktop app will only control one H90 at a time.

Will the control app manage both H9 and H90, or do I need two iPad’s with different apps if I have both pedals?

Currently, H90 Control is desktop only. No iOS app available, but it’s coming. No timetable yet.

does the iOS bluetooth limit only apply to identical devices, or do I get another three bluetooth device so I could run three H9’s and three H90’s from the same iPad?

Again, TBD. There is no plan to make H90 Control compatible with H9 at the moment.

can you control the entire algorithm on the pedal easily without the app? I *don’t* want to use a computer, tablet, or a phone as part of my performance if I don’t have too. that would be a great reason for me to upgrade all my H9’s to H90’s. I hate having a computer around. period. thanks!

Without a doubt 100% you can control the pedal without the app. We designed it to be easy.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

This post touches on something I’m concerned with. Is Eventide planning on keeping the H9 control app up to date in relation to OS upgrades of mobile devices and computers that may break the app somehow for quite a long time? I hope my H9Max is useable through software for as long as it lives! Thanks!🙂

P.S.

I would have no problem if there was a way to roll the H9 into the H90 control app.

noa206
      Participant

I also wonder about support for the H9 moving forward.  Can you speak more directly about that?

skywriter
      Participant

I’ve relegated an iPad mini to my H9’s, and stopped updating it when Eventide released the last update. they’re fairly cheap refurbed, and Heckler Design makes a very nice iPad stands that look nice in your studio or bedroom gearspot.

thank you for the answers Joe. if I can do everything on an H90 without the app – I WILL LOVE IT!!!!

hated the app and need for a computer in the middle of my music; I don’t use presets, I prefer to freewheel everything from scratch every time. I don’t mind menu diving on the device at all.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

I don’t use presets, I prefer to freewheel everything from scratch every time. I don’t mind menu diving on the device at all.

That’s what made the app and an iPhone or iPad in my case great. Along with my K&M tablet holder on a mic stand is perfect. I have no need for the H90 so my concern is Eventide’s support intentions for the H9.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Is Eventide planning on keeping the H9 control app up to date in relation to OS upgrades of mobile devices and computers that may break the app somehow for quite a long time?

Yes.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

if I can do everything on an H90 without the app – I WILL LOVE IT!!!!

Then you will LOVE IT! H90 was designed to access all information easily from the front panel of the pedal.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Is Eventide planning on keeping the H9 control app up to date in relation to OS upgrades of mobile devices and computers that may break the app somehow for quite a long time?

Yes.

Thank You!

skywriter
      Participant

thanks for the info Joe!

now to start selling off some stuff…. *that hand wringing thing folks do when they’re excited emoticon*

skywriter
      Participant

fwiw, at this late I was pleasantly surprised to find my old ipad mini 4 would connect all five H9’s via bluetooth instead of the previous limit of three devices. just when my USB connection was getting stupid and balky something nice happened.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.