Future of dot9 Series?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Future of dot9 Series?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dmessick
      Participant

I really like to form factor of the dot9 series pedals, but it’s been a couple of years since the last one was released. I realize the H90 was released during that time period which probably took a lot of dedicated resources. Is there any plan to continue the dot9 series? I noticed there isn’t a delay specific pedal in that form factor. The MicroPitch comes close but I’d be excited to see what Eventide could do with a dot9 version of one of the TimeFactor algorithms like the Digital Delay, Mod Delay or Tape Echo.

I’m currently a very happy user of the Rose, and have used the TimeFactor and H9 in the past, which makes me want one of the great dual delays in the TF to pair with the Rose.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for the feedback, dmessick. We appreciate your interest in the dot9 line and your recommendations. As you pointed out, it’s about design cycles and we’ve been preoccupied ; )  Nonetheless, the dot9 family will keep growing.

dmessick
      Participant

That’s great to hear! I’m excited to see what the Eventide team cooks up next!

ear5555
        Participant

I would love a dot9 Vintage Delay pedal!!!!!

dmessick
        Participant

Same! I haven’t been able to find a dual delay pedal with the amount of control that the TimeFactor algorithms give you. Full control of two delay lines’ feedback and rate, as well as series/parallel. The DIG is close, but I really like how the presets work in the dot9 pedals.

ear5555
        Participant

Agreed. I love the Dig, especially the 12-bit mode. My main complaint is that it doesn’t have 2/3 available as a subdivision which is my favorite with a dual, parallel delay. AND, no presets without adding a mini switch or midi.

A Vintage Delay dot9 with those 5 presets would be a desert island pedal for me. For now I’m sticking with my Timefactor.

brock
      Participant

Here’s a thought:  a SpaceTime dot9 pedal.

You’d get that beautiful modulation effect,  two Vintage-based delays, two Feedback configurations, a Plate-based reverb, series / parallel …

… and, if history is any guide, that extra-something-something.  The new feature / parameter that Eventide adds to every dot9 pedal.

ear5555
        Participant

Oh yes! That would be an instant buy. SpaceTime is such a sick algorithm.

apalazzolo
        Participant

Yeah, Spacetime would be my call too.

One of the extra controls would be output level and the other would make the modulation a little more flexible somehow (maybe make it cover flange to chorus to doubling or some such).

Finally, make it capable of stereo in and stereo out that can be used to drive headphones if desired.

That one pedal would be so useful for guys in the real amp world as well as the modeler-amp-pedal world (especially the Tonex pedal because that could serve as a basic midi controller too).

udi9
      Participant

I would love a dot9 Vintage Delay pedal!!!!!

+1

That would be an instant buy from me.

SpaceTime could also be cool…..maybe they can spice it up and use the SP2016 reverb instead of the current plate reverb in this algo.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.