Fx Loop problem solved at last!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Fx Loop problem solved at last!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      holty

I've just got a MF and TF with the intention on running both in the my amps fx loop.  Bought some shiny new van damme / neutrik cables to run from the amp my board, plugged everything in and the result was it sounded like someone had thrown a blanket over the speaker.  Tried the different line/amp/ guitar levels,  reloaded the software to both the boxes, went through all the different bypass options for both boxes, still no better.   Finally In tried my old  tc electronics Repeater delay pedal which I knew had worked before, but with some old patch cables and hey presto the sparkle and volume came back.   I then tried the TF &MF with the old patch cables and success again!!! Wish I had tried this  at the start, as it would have saved me most of the morning messing about and doubting the quality of the boxes.  

So the new quality cables I bought were the problem.  Don't know why, as they sound fine between guitar and amp and they are good quality an vandame and neutrik cables professionally put together.

So top tip, try the obvious first, even if you think it can't be that.  Cables and plugs!   

Both the TF and MF sound absolutely fantastic in my amp, well worth the effort. 

holty

in addition to this I've found that the issue is with both the new cables but only when used in the fx send to TF/MF input. The new cables seem to be fine in the Fx return to output. Strange?  

olpercy

Thanks for your info Wink

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.