getting preset info from the library files?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes getting preset info from the library files?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      tropisms

Hey,

I recently tried upgrading my TF to 2.4.1 which didn't work (already talked to support, they suggested waiting for V3). My issue now is that I wasn't able to port my presets back onto my TF (after rolling back to V2.0_), it looks like it worked, but the sounds are not the same. Is there any way to check the files to get the preset settings so I can manually update my TF by adjusting them right on the TF (assuming the backup of the files worked)? Thanks!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

do you mean so you can see what the settings are? like Tempo= 80 BMP, Mix=40, delay timeA=320ms etc???

I don't think you can as they are sysex files and when i have tried to view them, you can not see much apart from Eventide and the name (v3)

Though I tend to use sysex Librarian rather than FactorLib, whcih still feels kinda work in progress

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can read the files, but they won't tell you much. Just numbers.

The only certain way is to set catchup, then tweak each knob in turn and note their display. Clearly, this is rather tedious.

tropisms

exactly what I had in mind, yes

tropisms

Yea, I was hoping someone might have some hints, like what they think the order might be or ideas about how it might be encoded or anything.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is a useful document on the support pages "Factor Pedal SysEx Information"

This gives the preset format and the sysex messages to get them. But, these are just numbers, with no obvious explicit relationship to the knob displays – this information is a part of the algorithm and is usually not a simple function. As a result, you can load and save them, but it is not easy to do much else with them.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.