Glitching sound in vintage mode

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Glitching sound in vintage mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      dissever

I have a timefactor with the latest software and I'm getting a glitching noise on the vintage setting. It seems to only be happening with the bit rate between 16 and 20. I get a nasty scratch sound that is then repeated . I switched the mode selector to the other modes while keeping the same knob settings and the noise goes away.

caveman
      Participant

Me too. A very noisy digital glitching sound that sounds like random data.

Encountered it for the first time after the latest update to 2.4.2.  I recreated a new patch by switching to a diff algorithm, then back to vintage, readjusting all knobs away from, then back to the desired values then saving to see if that would help..   Still nothing conclusive yet.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry to hear this.  Do you happen to have a preset that shows this problem?  Or do you have a specific sequence of steps to reproduce it?

Thanks,

Dan

dissever

vintage 43% mix

10:0 a/b

1/4 time A

no delay B

60 repeats A

no B

16 bits

172 bpm

caveman
      Participant

Vintage Delay

mix: 46

A:10 B:0

Dly A: 1/4

Dly B: 1/8 dot

Fdbk A: 49

Fdbk B: 14

Bits: 12

Depth: 3

Speed: 0.59

Filter: 37

Sometimes it will go for 5 minutes without a glitch, sometimes a glitch every 5 seconds, usually about 30 seconds between.  Glitch sounds like random digital data. Sometimes it's subtle, sometimes its a full volume blast.  It's usually very short in duration.  Cannot reproduce with any other type of delay.  Previously mentioned method of recreating and resaving patch had no effect.

Have never noticed it before latest software install.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Thanks guys, sorry to hear to this, we're looking into it.  Did either of you re-initialize after you installed the latest update?

caveman
      Participant

Did not initialize timefactor (as in middle footswitch + encoder until "INITIALIZING"). I just let the software update do it's thing, and the Software Version is showing as correct.

I will save patches, initalize, reload & report back.

caveman
      Participant

Ok, initialized timefactor as described in the manual.  Reloaded presets, same glitch.  Takes about 2 minutes before it starts for me, then fairly regular.  Glitch is definitely garbled audio.  Easier to hear with distorted guitar than with clean.  It's definitely not peaking, and can't reproduce with any algorithm other than Vintage Delay.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Thanks Caveman,

We're looking into it.  I'll let you know when we find something.

Dan

caveman
      Participant

Update:  Last time I tried, could not reproduce this problem.  Same patch, same conditions.  It's being elusive.  The only thing I noticed as a pattern, is that once it starts, it doesn't seem to go away.  But it doesn't always start.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Caveman,

Will you send us an .sysex dump of everything in your pedal.  Go to System Mode then to the MIDI menu, then to DUMP and select All.  Then press the encoder.  Make sure the pedal is connected via USB to a computer running MIDIox or some program that can receive .sysex dumps. You can email the sysex file to me directly, rwedelich AT eventide.com, or post it here on the file sharing part of the forum.

Thanks

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.