global tempo not working when changing presets with tempo on and tempo off

Home Forums Products Stompboxes global tempo not working when changing presets with tempo on and tempo off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      sic
      Participant

hi guys, i have this situtation with the TimeFactor. I'm using a 3button Aux Switch by the way. The one made by this1smyne. here it is:

global tempo doesn't work when tapping a tempo in a preset saved with TEMPO ON then switching to a preset that was saved with TEMPO OFF. the preset that was saved with the TEMPO OFF would still follow it's own saved tempo. does any of you encounter this?

however the opposite works. meaning if you tap a tempo from a preset that was saved with TEMPO OFF then switch to a preset that was saved with TEMPO ON, the global tapped tempo works… then again when you're in that preset that was saved with TEMPO ON and you tap a new tempo, then go back to that preset saved with TEMPO OFF, the new tapped tempo won't work. just like what i described above. the preset saved with TEMPO OFF would again use it's own tempo. that just makes GLOBAL TEMPO useless.

also, when i'm in a preset that was saved with TEMPO ON, and then whenever i would turn tempo off the delays won't work; meaning it's just the dry signal that you would hear. i have to turn tempo on again for the delay settings to take effect.

same when switching from a preset saved with TEMPO ON to play mode (using the aux switch). once i'm in play mode and turn tempo off, the delays won't work. i have to turn tempo on again for the delays to take effect.

are these normal? kinda disappoints me. I'm using the new firmware update btw. and have tried all of these with catcup on and off. what could be the problem?

caveman
      Participant

I think that's what it's supposed to do, global tempo applies only when you have tempo set.  I use this to my advantage, either using tap tempo on a preset for rhythmic effects, or a non-tap tempo preset with a fixed delay that doesn't change, like simulating reverb.  That way the global tempo doesn't mess with the presets that I want to stay fixed.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.