Ground Control Tap Tempo

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Ground Control Tap Tempo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      steve.mastr

One more issue I'm having is with tapping the tempo on the TimeFactor. I've assigned TAP on CC31 on both the TimeFactor and my Ground Control (momentary switch), but it's not working properly. When I tap the button, the tempo comes up, but I can't adjust it by tapping. I can see the indicator light indicating that it's receiving MIDI.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

What indicator light are you seeing ?

Are you sure TEMPO is on (tempo light flashing) ?

steve.mastr

The tempo light is flashing every time I click the pedal, but the display isn't updating the tempo.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The fact that the tempo pops up the first time suggests that it is receiving the first CC.

It may be some running status issue – don't know whether the GCpro does this (manual doesn't say). To test this, set up the other switch for some other CC (doesn't matter which) and press them alternately to see if the TT then works. The alternating CCs will defeat any running status sent by the GC. Let me know ..

Running Status – this is a MIDI feature where the first part (called status) of a CC message is only sent once – thereafter the second part (the data value) is the only thing that is sent. Sending any other CC resets this mechanism and send the first part again. TF supports running status, but you can imagine that there is a potential for problems.

steve.mastr

Now this is really weird……..I set up the Ground Control to control the tap tempo via AUX SWITCH using the "momentary switch" setting on the Ground Control Pro. I get the exact same result – the tempo displays on the screen, but doesn't change UNLESS I turn tempo OFF……then I can tap the tempo in millisecond mode!!! Is this a glitch with the new firmware?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

steve.mastr:

.I set up the Ground Control to control the tap tempo via AUX SWITCH using the "momentary switch" setting on the Ground Control Pro

Not sure what you mean here.

steve.mastr:

Is this a glitch with the new firmware?

Not aware of one. But, not many people remote the tap feature, so it is possible. I'll have our massive team of software testers look into it.

Irfan

I have some problems too, no BPM screen changing , but flashes on timefator rsponds the omentar tap from the gcp

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

I had a GCP for a while and Tap Tempo worked fine for me, but from what I remember you have to do a few things:-

1. Set the CC on the Factor and GCP to be the same value eg 31

2. Set the GCP instant access switch to transmit on the Midi Chanel of the factor

3. Set the GCP instant access switch to momentary

That should be it

It has to be momentary as the factors see tempo pulse as any cc value of over 67(?) so if you have a latching switch the CC values are typically 127 for on and 0 for off… So the factors would only see every other press as a beat.. If you only give 2 beats as you tap temp the factor would only see one neat and if you give 4 it will only see 2 and give you half the bpm you were expecting.

On the GCP you can get arround this, not so on the rocktron midi mate.

I only tried this on internal switches and not external ones, so I would try the internal ones then see if the external can be set to momentary or there is some comparability issue between the GCP and the external switch eg the wiring is wrong polarity.

Hope that helps

sjoplin

I've been using the aux switch setup with my ground control for a while with no problems. Am able to adjust tempos and see the various tempo values change on the TF screen. Not in front of my rig to compare setting on ground control or TF, but it does work, keep at it.
      Sean

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.