Grouping presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Grouping presets

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      BenG
      Participant

Just got an H9 Max… relatively new to processors of this capability, but making my way… slowly! I will not need more than 10 presets for my initial performances with this pedal; I’ve read in the manual I can have limit the presets to, say, 10, but they have to be sequential (1-10 would be easiest!) Can I move my favorite presets into these spots, maybe by trading places with ones I don’t want to use yet… like swap preset 17 with preset 2? How do I do this? Any help would be appreciated! ~BenG

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes, this is possible and it’s easiest to do using the H9 Control app. Otherwise, you can do it from the front panel of the pedal by moving presets into place one by one. I recommend watching these videos to learn using the app.

Saving presets to the pedal using H9 Control:

https://youtu.be/opBGjvnpzuw

For an in-depth look at preset management:

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Keep in mind, I always recommend making a backup of the current state of the pedal before you begin to overwrite factory presets. Back it up to a list on H9 Control. This way, you can always go back to the way the pedal was organized.

BenG
      Participant

Thanks Joe! I would probably prefer to get the app on my MacBook and hook it up that way to the pedal… the larger screen would be easier for me to see and navigate! I think Bluetooth won’t work from the Mac laptop. Do you know what type of cable I would need to hook a Mac up to the H9? Do they sell them at Eventide? Thank for your help! ~Ben

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Do you know what type of cable I would need to hook a Mac up to the H9?

USB A to mini-B. You can get it at any Best Buy.

Do they sell them at Eventide? Thank for your help! ~Ben

Sorry, this is not available from Eventide.

weirdmayo
      Participant

the larger screen would be easier for me to see and navigate

You can also use an iPad. That’s what I do.

BenG
      Participant

Thanks Weirdmayo! I got the cable, and it is nicer to see the layout on the bigger screen of the laptop. Don’t have a tablet, but might get one if need be. I’m hoping to do all the editing I need to away from my live performance situations; take note of what needs to be tweaked, then do it in between gigs… definitely an analog man in a digital world, but making a go of it! 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.