H3000 Michael Thompson/Mike Landau clean tones

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H3000 Michael Thompson/Mike Landau clean tones

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      rik7
      Participant

Can anybody tell me if and how i can get H3000 Michael Thompson detune type clean tones on my H9? At 4:45 you can see/hear my example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=146hwtCwyP4

Such a great tone. Thanks.

Bodde
      Participant

That’s the classic tric chorus sound! I love it. In this video he is using a pitch detune of -9 +9 cents (use H9 Micropitch algo for that). Not sure what he is doing with that 310ms delay and how that is routed exactly in combination with the detune. Also some reverb is added. So it is more than one algo.

rik7
        Participant
        Bodde wrote:

That’s the classic tric chorus sound! I love it. In this video he is using a pitch detune of -9 +9 cents (use H9 Micropitch algo for that). Not sure what he is doing with that 310ms delay and how that is routed exactly in combination with the detune. Also some reverb is added. So it is more than one algo.

Thanks! Yes, the tri-chorus! LOVE that sound. Wonder if Eventide has something that sounds like the tri-chorus? Well thanks. I’ll keep searching until i get close. Maybe someone else will chime in with more info.

NRKorsakov
        rik7 wrote:

Bodde wrote:

Thanks! Yes, the tri-chorus! LOVE that sound. Wonder if Eventide has something that sounds like the tri-chorus? Well thanks. I’ll keep searching until i get close. Maybe someone else will chime in with more info.

Hi! Did you ever get closer to a custom preset? Thanks!

rik7
      Participant

Thanks for the reply! Yes, the tri chorus sounds that were widely used back in the 80s. LOVE that sound. Wonder if Eventide has something close to that tri-chorus sound? Anyways I’ll keep looking but thanks for the input! Just a part of the puzzle.

rik7
      Participant

No sorry I haven’t been able to create a custom preset

rik7
      Participant

Oh really? Well that is great. Thank you for the information! 

rik7
      Participant

Wish they had the Tricera with a reverb and chorus all in one patch!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

We do, but it’s in the H9000 ; )

rik7
      Participant

Oh yeah, OUCH! 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes, that works too.

NRKorsakov

Thank you all!

I’m going to try that!!!

Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apalazzolo
      Participant

What detune setting in Tricerachorus corresponds to the +9 and -9 cents setting in H3000 Micropitch?  I ask because the controls are not marked in cents in Tricerachorus.  Thanks.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

You can actually achieve this with the Detune knob setting it to +9/-9

DETUNE – [DETUNE] : Controls both detune amounts for the left and right channels. Range is +/- 40 cents. Left and right channels get opposing amounts of detune (for example -30L/+30R). For enhanced versatility, the channels can be set with different opposing amounts. Left channel is the base detune amount and right channel can be adjusted around an 8 cent opposing window (for example -16L/+12R to -16L/+19R).

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Check out this image.

apalazzolo
      Participant

Okay thanks Joe!  It’s obvious now that you showed me…

rik7
      Participant
      NRKorsakov wrote:

rik7 wrote:

Bodde wrote:

Hi! Did you ever get closer to a custom preset? Thanks!

No sorry. I haven’t created a custom preset.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      NRKorsakov wrote:
      Did you ever get closer to a custom preset? Thanks!

NRKorsakov, I recommend trying the presets on the TriceraChorus algorithm, which was designed with the Dytronics TriChorus in mind. The algorithm also features detuning derived from H3000 MicroPitch shifting. Any preset that has CHORUS MIX set to “choral mode” will give you that sound.

makzimia
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:
      We do, but it’s in the H9000 ; )

Or two H9s maxed? 🙂

NRKorsakov
      joecozzi wrote:
      Check out this image.

This is terrific! Thanks so much!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.