H3000 native 2.5.1 AU doesn’t work well with Mac Digital Performer 8

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H3000 native 2.5.1 AU doesn’t work well with Mac Digital Performer 8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      kallenem
      Participant

I'm running the demo version of H3000 Factory 2.5.1. The VST version works fine, as far as I can tell, and I like the sound and concept of the plugin.

The AU version has these problems:

– Loading a new preset into H3000 is extremely slow, taking the better part of a minute to load. The VST version loads presets almost instantaneously.

– When I try to open a DP 8 project with several instances of H3000 AU, DP hangs for a long time, maybe 5-10 minutes. (I haven't actually timed it.) DP CPU usage shoots way up, over 200% in Activity Monitor. The project eventually opens, after a long wait, but the hang makes the setup unusable. If I disable H3000 AU in DP Preferences, the project loads right up, at normal speed. If I use VST versions of H3000 the project loads at normal speed.

This is on Mac OS X 10.7.5, 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM (not doing any VM paging), Digital Performer 8.07 running in 64-bit mode.

DP 8 saves plugin settings in the project file. DP seems to have problems capturing the settings of H3000 AU.  Anyone else running into this problem? It's not clear whether the problem is on the DP side or the H3000 side, but I will say that I have a lot of other 3rd-party AU plugins and none of them have this problem.

Generally, I like H3000 and will probably buy it, even if I have to avoid the AU versions. But it would be reassuring to have the AU version working normally.

Thanks for looking into this.

Kalle Nemvalts

kallenem
      Participant

A possibly related issue. I can save presets from the H3000 plugin interface, to the directory ~/Documents/Eventide/H3000 Factory/Presets (where ~ is my home directory).

I should also be able to save presets from DP's wrapper around the plugin. DP wants to save presets to ~/Library/Audio/Presets/Eventide/H3000 Factory. This is the location that corresponds to the "Reveal Presets In Finder" command in DP's preset pull-down menu at the top of the plugin window.

But when I try to do this, I get the following error: OS error reported by File I/O: There is no such volume (-35).

That filesystem path definitely exists on my computer, but the save operation seems to want to go to some nonexistent path.

Again, not a big deal, because I can save presets to the location that H3000 knows about.

guitardood1

Hello.  You can add me to the list of folks having similar trouble.  Patches take 30-45 seconds to load.  Using latest plugin, 2.5.1 AU under digital performer 8.07 on a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.10.3.  Other than the lag on loading patches, plugin works fine once a patch is loaded, though the interface seems a bit sluggish when toying with parameters while the project is playing.

Best,

Chuck

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.