H3000: Patches loading time ?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H3000: Patches loading time ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      geronimo
      Participant

Since the updatein 2.5.0 version, loading a patch for the H 3000 lasts approximately 20 to 30 seconds; Is this normal ?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

HI geronimo,

It's not, what DAW are you using?

Dan

geronimo
      Participant

Sorry for the lack of detai Sad: I use Digital Performer 8.07 (64 bits version) under LION 10.7.5 _

geronimo
      Participant

Sorry for the lack of detail Sad : I use Digital Performer 8.07 (64 bits version) under LION 10.7.5 _

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Also, which OS, and which plug-in format (AU/VST/AAX)?

Thanks,

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Ah, thanks.

We don't test against DP, but I just reached out to MOTU to try to get a license and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks,

Dan

geronimo
      Participant

In advance, many thanks _

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Geronimo,

I'm not able to reproduce over here.  Can you give me a bit more information?

What type of computer are you running on?  Any details will be helpful.

Thanks,

Dan

geronimo
      Participant

I'm with a MacPro Rev 1.1 under LION 10.7.5  and 12 GO memory Ram . My HD System is a SSD .

Before, I was with version 2.1.1 of the H3000 and patches are loaded faster .

I have a clone of my HD System with the anteriot H 3000 version: I can  testing for this .

geronimo
      Participant

Ihave a MacPro 2 X 2,66 Ghz with 15 Go Memory RAM under LION 10.7.5. _

I tested with H 3000 version 2.1.1 from another HD System (a clone) and patches charge immediately.
      Back on the HD System which is the recent 2.5 version H 3000 release, patches always last 20 to 30 seconds to load and freeze Digital Performer during the loading !

geronimo
      Participant

Any news …?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Geronimo,

I'm not sure I was able to reproduce this specifically, but I think I was able to reproduce something similar and just made a new build now that should alleviate the problem.  We're going to test it here for a day or so and post it.  Unless there's a bug, it'll be 2.5.2 when it goes up.

Dan

geronimo
      Participant

Many thanks for the following; I wait _

kallenem
      Participant

I'm having similar problems with Mac OS X, DP 8.07, H3000 2.5.1 AU. I just wrote a separate post describing the problem in detail. Looking forward to seeing if 2.5.2 fixes it. Thanks,

Kalle Nemvalts

radioman521
      Participant

Found out about this through a thread over in motunation and thought I'd respond here as well. On the system I have (mid 2011 27 inch iMac running OSX 10.9.5 with 32 gig ram) patch change is instantaneous in Digital Performer 8.07 with the au plugin format. Also instantaneous patch change in ProTools 11.3.1 aax plugin format on the same computer.

Jack

geronimo
      Participant

Interesting; would it be a system issue, since I am under LION 10.7.5 ?

radioman521
      Participant

geronimo:

Interesting; would it be a system issue, since I am under LION 10.7.5 ?

That could well be but that won't be known until others post here with their exact operating system variant. After all Lion is an old out-of-date operating system no longer supported by Apple.

kallenem
      Participant

Thanks, everyone, for the info. On my 7-year-old MacPro, OS X 10.7.5 is the latest OS I can run. At some point I will be forced to get a current-generation computer, but other than a few compatibility issues, my old computer is adequate for my audio projects.

For now, I will just stick with the VST version of the plugin.

Kalle

guitardood1

Add me to the list of folks experiencing this trouble.  Using the H3000 2.5.1 AU with Digital Performer 8.07 on a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.10.3.  Haven't tried the VST.

Patches take better part of a minute to load and interface seems a bit sluggish adjust just the Mix% parameter while a  project is playing.  Other plugs working just fine.  Audio out of the H3000 otherwise works and sounds great.

Best,

Chuck

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

I believe I've been able to repro this in DP8.  It's not taking 20-30 seconds, but it is taking 5-6 seconds, which it shouldn't be.  It's a bit of a sticky one, so it might take me some time, but I'm looking into it.  In the meantime, it does appear that VST is working fine, so please use this.  Sorry for the issue, I don't know what could be causing it yet.

Dan

guitardood1

Thanks Dan!!  And you are correct, the VST works without this issue, as a temporary workaround.

geronimo
      Participant

DGillespie:

In the meantime, it does appear that VST is working fine, so please use this.  Sorry for the issue, I don't know what could be causing it yet.

Hi _

Many thanks for the following: would you rather give me access to the link from the previous version 2.1 ?

I can't find it on the Support Section .

radioman521
      Participant

Dan:

I'm curious as to what kind of Mac you're doing your development/debug on because on my system (mid 2011 iMac in OSX 10.9.5 with 32 gig ram) with DP 8.07 I'm getting almost instantaneous patch change. My system is optimized to the hilt because I also run ProTools 11.3.1 and that's as picky as they come daw-wise. I don't doubt that it's happening – could it be due to project/session size? So far I've only been running small (less than 10 tracks) DP projects/sessions.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Geronimo,

Here's the older installer.  

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.plugininstallers/h3000factory/H3000Factory211osx.dmg

However, you should just be able to use the VST of the 2.5.1 release.

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Radioman,

Are you using the VST or AU?  This seems to be happening with the AU in DP8 only.

I don't know why yet.

Dan

geronimo
      Participant

DGillespie:

Hi Geronimo,

Here's the older installer.  

Many thanks: it's work fine _ Smile

radioman521
      Participant

DGillespie:

Radioman,

Are you using the VST or AU?  This seems to be happening with the AU in DP8 only.

I don't know why yet.

Dan

Forgot to mention it but I'm using the au version which like I said has been okay.

geronimo
      Participant

Hello Dan _

I’m now under Yosemite 10.10.4. and with the latest H 3000 2.51 version , it’s works fine with D.P. 9. _ cool

It was definitely a problem with LION 10.7. system ?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

geronimo-

Glad to hear you got it working properly.

Best,

Tom

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.